Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunder tiger TS4n. Help.

Options
  • 14-05-2012 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Could anybody in the dublin area help with fine tuning my car. Its 3 yrs old but only had 2 tanks ran through it. I would be most grateful. I will also be ringing a model club tomorrow as i got a number through here.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

You're really better off fiddling around with it yourself and eventually knowing how to DIY. Due to the nature of nitro engines they have to be tuned every time you take it out, unless the weather a nearly identical. They are very sensitive to temperature, humidity and atmospheric pressure. There are other factors as well such as fuel, glowplug, engine temp, etc - just to spice it up even more.

A hobby shop will charge you a few bob to do it. Next week you will need to get it done again. There are many tuning guides available online - Google is your friend. One of the key things is to make very small changes at any one time, run it a while and note any change in performance before proceeding. Most newbies turn the needles 180° one way, then the other, and end up often destroying the engine. Speaking of which - get yourself a temp gun.

High speed needle first, followed by the low speed needle. Small changes. Have fun.

T

Advertisement