Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to rent

Options
  • 14-05-2012 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I'm looking to move out in the next few weeks and I've started looking for places in around Ranelagh/Rathmines and some places Northside close to city centre. I realise though that a lot of students will be moving out soon so is it better to wait for more options to become available or should I just take the next place I really like?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

All depends on your budget, remember that Rathmines and Ranelagh are very sought after areas, being close to the luas, and town as well as numerous restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DodgeS

Yeah I'm ok with the prices, more concerned about moving into a place and then seeing loads of new great places coming on the market in the following weeks and kicking myself for not waiting until the student accommodation had become available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

i'd wait until the students are gone, more choice and LL's tend to decrease rents slightly aswell and do you really want to be kicking yourself :( dont think the bruises would nice this close to the summer

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DodgeS

Has anyone any idea from past experience as to when places start freeing up generally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

i lived in rathmines for 11 years and normally its when college ends so they normally do exams in may so start of june it picks up but if you do see something you like and i mean really like dont dilly dally and snap it up as there are lots of **** holes in rathmines too and you dont want to be stuck with a choice of those

• Advertisement
Advertisement