Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport Question

Options
  • 14-05-2012 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I'm moving to White Oaks, Clonskeagh next week and will be working near the IFSC (specifically spencer dock) for about 6 weeks. I am wondering if anybody could advise me as to the best bus routes/luas stops, etc. to get from one place to the other? I don't mind a bit of a walk if it cuts down on bus changes, etc within the journey.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭markpb

The 11 will bring you from Clonskeagh road to O'Connell St or Westmoreland st (the closest stops to IFSC). The bus runs every 20 minutes, almost all day long. You can see realtime info for your closest bus stop here. (Co-incidentally, the RTIS is showing delays on the 11pm bus.)

From there, you have several options. You can
    * get the 151 from Eden Quay (RTIS: 297) to Spencer Dock
    * get the Luas from Abbey St to Spencer Dock
    * get the 15b from Townsend St (RTIS: 340) to N. Wall Quay
    but you'd probably be faster walking than any of those options.

I've heard very bad reports about the 11 in the evenings but maybe you'll have more luck in the mornings. You could walk to Milltown Luas but it'll take about 25 minutes (plus 12 minutes on the Luas) and will only bring you to St. Stephens Green so it's not much use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Pxoxo

Thanks a million, so much info there, very helpful :)

Advertisement