Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fabric scraps, ribbons or buttons wanted

Options
  • 14-05-2012 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey there,

I make a lot of crafts and am always looking for scraps of fabric, ribbons, buttons etc. No piece is too small because I make little accessories. I was wondering if anyone has any materials sitting around at home cluttering up their rooms. Anything is appreciated and welcomed! Tiny toys, old Christmas decorations, measuring tapes, anything really, that you think could have a use! I like putting old stuff to use in a creative way.
    I'd be happy to take them off you, if you'd like to get rid of them.
    We could come up with a reasonable price for them together.

Thanks a million,

Laurie Laurelle

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

have you tried Hickeys in the savoy? they have loads of ribbons and material, wool and buttons! in many many colours :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

hoodwinked wrote: »
    have you tried Hickeys in the savoy? they have loads of ribbons and material, wool and buttons! in many many colours :D

Places like these are grand if you are making one or two items and are willing to participate with lot of money for ur pleasure to make something yourself. the final item made with materials bought in there or specially vibes & scribes, end up costing TIMES more than any new thing from an expensive shop. They are seriously taking a piss, counting on people who have to buy stuff for like school projects and have no choice.
    Also they have a very small choice. From what i understand the poster above wants to put old stuff to good and creative use, which would not only be cheaper to do, but would also be recycling in a great way - someones rubbish is another ones treasure.
    Im making lots craft myself too so apparantly i am using up all the crap that i have same ways.
    Of course, still buying main materials, but theres so many bits and pieces that u can use up from any old stuff and it ends up looking soooo much more original too.

To the threadstarter: sorry for going a bit off-topic as i dont have stuff to offer, just wanted to say why its no point for people to say to u to go to hickeys, vibes & scribes etc.

Advertisement