Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got SSD!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

Monotype wrote: »
    You can also put into USB instead of DVD. Microsoft have a tool for it. I think I linked to it my windows guide but I can give it to you if you want it.
    yup, it's called the windows 7 usb/dvd tool and assuming you have a 4gb+ usb stick and a pc that will boot off usb, it's by far the fastest way to get windows installed. :)

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

the download link is about halfway down the page.

it also works for the windows 8 consumer preview too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bms15450

lads here not working again

there stop on expanding windows files ( 0% ). .. ...

there done format on sdd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Maybe your laptop needs a particular driver when installing windows. I think there's a key or button that you can press to load additional drivers.

Are there any settings you can change in the BIOS setup for hard drives? Maybe turn on or off AHCI (AHCI would be faster, although could possibly cause problems).

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Beez

Sounds like you need someone to do it for you tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 41 bms15450

i got it cause of cd too slow so i using usb :D, and thanks for help lads

• Advertisement
Advertisement