Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert Predictions Thread 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭IceCreamGirl

or....

The novel opens with the mention of a climatic event - Jem's broken arm. It will then return to investigate all the events which lead up to this particular climax.

The first chapter presents the background against which the action is to take place. Maycomb is a very quiet southern town, a town where things have continued in the same fashion for years and years. The fact is emphasized because soon an event will occur which will almost shatter the entire town. The quiet, lazy atmosphere, the desire for peace and stability evident in the town, contrasts with the bitter animosities which will arise over Mayella's charges against Tom Robinson.

We are also given our first understanding of Atticus Finch. We perceive that he is a man who is willing to leave the traditions of his family and take up the profession of law.

The Radley place is described in detail in the opening and will begin to assume increasing importance throughout the novel. Miss Lee is creating a certain atmosphere and tension connected with the house which will ultimately become the focal point of the children's activity.

do we have to put in quotes when we're writing about the opening of a novel?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 me.gusta

do we have to put in quotes when we're writing about the opening of a novel?
    You have to use quotes for everything really :/
    I did 'To kill a mockingbird' and the quotes i have for the opening are:
    'When he was nearly thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow'
    'There was nowhere to go.nothing to buy and no money to buy it with'
    'Atticus was 'related by blood or marriage to nearly everyone in Maycomb'
    'Inside the house lived a malevolent phantom'
    'Dill gave us the idea of making Boo come out'
    If you can understand and explain them,great! :D

thank you and good luck!! :D

what does this quote mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

thank you and good luck!! :D

what does this quote mean?

An evil ghost lived in the house.

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭tornados2111

I just finished the English paper 1 and just now I realise that for the personal writing essay I didn't indicate which title I chose. If you read the first 3 lines you will see that the essay is about friendshp. I was wondering if i lose marks for that or if I will just get 0 for it, its the biggest part of the exam so I really want to know, if anyone can help, please tell me if I will get 0 for it or not D:

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭graeme157

I just finished the English paper 1 and just now I realise that for the personal writing essay I didn't indicate which title I chose. If you read the first 3 lines you will see that the essay is about friendshp. I was wondering if i lose marks for that or if I will just get 0 for it, its the biggest part of the exam so I really want to know, if anyone can help, please tell me if I will get 0 for it or not D:

I done that too. Only realised after reading this. I done the speech though and I mentioned the title about 5 lines in and on the last line. Will there be any problems?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

graeme157 wrote: »
    I done that too. Only realised after reading this. I done the speech though and I mentioned the title about 5 lines in and on the last line. Will there be any problems?

Did you write the number of the essay you chose? I chose mistaken Identity and wrote number 4 in the margin.

No, thats the problem, I didn't write about the number or the title. D:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kanciapa

No, thats the problem, I didn't write about the number or the title. D:

Oh cr*p man, I dont know. Now you got me worried, I dont remember if I indicated which essay I chose!! I did the speech on young people's lifestyles, so Im sure the examiner will be able to guess, right? I mean my first line includes the words "I agree with the motion that young people lead unhealthy lifestyles" so as long as it's possible to guess, they wont take marks off. Examiners WANT to give you marks and if it's a detail like that.. dunno x_x Now you got me all worried!! I wont stop thinking about it for like, ever xD Im not sure if you absolutely HAVE to include it, maybe it's just for their convenience?

• Advertisement

for paper 1
    functional writing and media studies
    i chose question 2 on both which is about writing a response about internet access facility replacing books

is there any format to that or just write in paragraphs?

and for media studies i picked question 2 which like, im the editor.
    i've never done any of those in class so i have no idea what the format is like
    is there any format to that ?
    i just wrote in paragraphs :/

and for a 15m question i wrote half the page. my writing's a bit small so.... im just worried lol

i had fun doing paper 2 though :)
    the short story was funny.
    i said yes. yes. yes i said. yes.
    lol

for paper 1
    functional writing and media studies
    i chose question 2 on both which is about writing a response about internet access facility replacing books

is there any format to that or just write in paragraphs?

and for media studies i picked question 2 which like, im the editor.
    i've never done any of those in school so i have no idea what the format is like
    is there any format to that ?
    i just wrote in paragraphs :/

For the replacing books as far as i know you don't need anything, just the text, no dates nothing but the text, its what I did. Not sure about the media studies question, didn't do that one

Kanciapa wrote: »
    Oh cr*p man, I dont know. Now you got me worried, I dont remember if I indicated which essay I chose!! I did the speech on young people's lifestyles, so Im sure the examiner will be able to guess, right? I mean my first line includes the words "I agree with the motion that young people lead unhealthy lifestyles" so as long as it's possible to guess, they wont take marks off. Examiners WANT to give you marks and if it's a detail like that.. dunno x_x Now you got me all worried!! I wont stop thinking about it for like, ever xD Im not sure if you absolutely HAVE to include it, maybe it's just for their convenience?

The worst thing about is that we will never know. The examiner could not take away any marks, or could take away a good few. He could just get instructions to give 0 if its not indicated which question. The bad thing is that we will never know if say we get a D or a C we won't know what caused it. If we got 0 for it and still got the C thats fine but if you got marks for it but got a C its not so bad. That really sucks a lot, don't know what to do, I guess all we can do now is try and forget about it and hope for the best

• Registered Users Posts: 11 me.gusta

My teacher corrects exams and says that a lot of students forget to put in the essay number. But she says if she knows what it is she'll correct it.If not she asks someone else (dunno who) ye could get 0 tho :/
    If you did the speech or the picture 1 you should be fine...
    I did the speech,easy!

I used the word friendship or friends at least 20 times, hope its obvious enough :\ hope I get the marks

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Cookiemonkey

what themes does an tozon have?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EatRowSleep

what tense is predicted for part of the HL paper 1 where you change tenses? People are saying modh con... but we've never done that in class... im kinda freaking out:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭0000879k

what tense is predicted for part of the HL paper 1 where you change tenses? People are saying modh con... but we've never done that in class... im kinda freaking out:eek:

I'd say it's that as that hasn't come up before.. try and learn it ..but it's only worth 10 marks..

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭OwlYouNeed

We only did the modh con this week in class... It could come up but I really hope it doesn't... Learning the endings for the regular verbs at least isn't too difficult so you could look over them just to give yourself a chance if it does come. Do you need notes on the endings?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Anonymatronics

hello any predictions on geography plss :D thnxx

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Please dont tell me it's the Modhconalliadh :confused:

Well thats 10 points gone down the draein :rolleyes:;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheDhoomGuy

hello any predictions on geography plss :D thnxx

For Long Questions (sec 2), the following may come up:
    Rivers, Climate and Tourism, Population, Urban Geography, Primary Activities(Fishing and Farming), Secondary Act.(Location, Industry) Tertiary Act.(Tourism and Aid), Poor and Rich World.

For the map Q, there is a great chance for a sketch map of O.S. map to come up. Aerial Photo came up the last two years.

There is also a likely chance for a rock question and an acid rain Q.

Anyway, it's all predictions.

Best of Luck:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Eoghan24

The maths papers will probaly be hard because next year they have project maths instead so if we do better then next years junior certs,it would look bad after all the departments hard work creating project maths as a 'easier' maths course.I just hope I'm wrong but it's the kind of thing I can see them doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Anonymatronics

Rivers, Climate and Tourism, Population, Urban Geography, Primary Activities(Fishing and Farming), Secondary Act.(Location, Industry) Tertiary Act.(Tourism and Aid), Poor and Rich World.

For the map Q, there is a great chance for a sketch map of O.S. map to come up. Aerial Photo came up the last two years.

thnx very much :D

any predictions on what the diagrams for rivers? :D

nevermind im learning all of them like a boss

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ballsohard

Right, now that English is over with, ANY predictions for Geography? I'm so screwed.

i hope your predictions are right because thats all im studying :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Slicence

Anyone know if glic(Slyness) for the seen story and grá(love) will come up for the poetry for Irish Paper 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 OwenC123

is acid rain due to come up tomorrow? :)

Advertisement