Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Wanted] Any parking spaces for sale in Dublin Docklands?

Options
  • 14-05-2012 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭

Any parking spaces for SALE in docklands/spencer dock?

What sort of price would they go for?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,402 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It might not be legal to sell an individual space without also buying an apartment / office space.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Victor wrote: »
    It might not be legal to sell an individual space without also buying an apartment / office space.
    +1
    Someone "bought" a parking space in our development, handed the money over, and then found that the transfer could not be legally completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

You can rent a parking space from someone ,maybe , i dont know if its legal to do so .just pay by the week.
    Most apartments have security gates, with security codes ,keypads.
    you could put ad in local shop,s parking space wanted.ie park outside someones house ,pay them x amount per week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,827 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

jd wrote: »
    +1
    Someone "bought" a parking space in our development, handed the money over, and then found that the transfer could not be legally completed.

so where was the legal problem do you know? I've since seen an ad for a space in the docklands (looking for mad money 20k) and saying that there would be a service charge of €250 a year which seems to indicate that it is allowed - or maybe they are chancing their arm...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

My apt complex in the IFSC has about 10-12 buildings in it. I have frequently seen signs up on the notice board in the lobies from people looking to rent out a parking space that they don't need, or people looking to rent one. The going rate seems to be about 100 euros p/m for outdoor parking spaces, and 150 euros p/m for spaces in the underground, gated garage.

You would need the door code to get into the individual buildings to put your signS up. If you approach the security guard at the gate he may let you tag along with him as he does his rounds so that you can put them up. Or just hang around and wait for people to come and go from the buildings and follow them in. But that may attract the attention of the security guard who may kick you out if you don't ok what you are doing with him first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

so where was the legal problem do you know? I've since seen an ad for a space in the docklands (looking for mad money 20k) and saying that there would be a service charge of €250 a year which seems to indicate that it is allowed - or maybe they are chancing their arm...
    The apartments are leasehold, and the terms of the lease give a licence to use the parking space. Came up at the AGM, an apt owner had "bought" a space from another owner.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement