Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steve Kean Leaked Video.

• 14-05-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

he slates Sam
    my respect has gone up for him
    i hate Allardyce

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,594 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Well he may aswell earn himself a few interviews before his football career quickly ends...

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭kojack

He will "take the positives" from this video

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

MD1990 wrote: »
    he slates Sam
    i hate Allardyce

he is making an eegit of him self, big sam is having champagne and a holiday in the sun after getting west ham up to the top flight.

Blackburn wont be going anywhere soon, especially with owners who haven't a clue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

he is making an eegit of him self, big sam is having champagne and a holiday in the sun after getting west ham up to the top flight.

Blackburn wont be going anywhere soon, especially with owners who haven't a clue.

Sam has to beat Blackpool first ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

"We're going to finish Top 10, and win the Carling Cup"

Oh dear.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

MD1990 wrote: »
    he slates Sam
    i hate Allardyce

West Ham havent been promoted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

They're talking about a match the next day. And Kean is out on the lash the night before??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

This was preseason in Hong Kong...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭MoscowFlyer

This is too good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭Jayob10

Cringed looking at that.

Actually thought he was going to disappear up those fans arses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Kean is a fool. He hasn't the brain to be a manager of a big club. It's one mistake after another with him. He'd have gotten away with this 10 years ago but not now.

I don't know which was worse, calling Sam a "fúcking crook" or making the £100 bet with the fan. Either way he has to go in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Funneh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

i know but i hate sam

Why has this taken a year to appear?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

monkey9 wrote: »
    Why has this taken a year to appear?

Eagle Eye is still on dial up and it took that long to upload.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I've been on another site discussing this and the ramificatioins of it. Hopefully this is the end of him although with our owners I wouldn't be surprised if they gave him a contact extension.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

As465S-CEAEd2vD.jpg

As465S-CEAEd2vD.jpg

Ah in fairness to Kean, he didn't say which division in which they'd finish top ten.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Ah in fairness to Kean, he didn't say which division in which they'd finish top ten.
    “It was difficult with Phil [Jones] because he got the opportunity to go to Manchester United and he wanted to play Champions League football now. We’re not there yet but I’m sure we will be in the next three or four seasons.”

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/saggers-and-quinny/blog/2011-06-22/kean-im-sure-blackburn-will-be-champions-league-next-three-or-four-years

• Advertisement

I really feel sorry for Blackburn fans having this bloke in charge!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Sounds like something out of Father Ted. The story is so fabricated lmao. "Who's that guy there?"
    "That's Jones, I don't know if we'll keep him on"
    "He's better than Terry I said to the guy, if you don't want him, I'll phuckin have him" hahahahaha
    (not exact transcript, but along those lines).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Own-goal of the season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Why do I think Kean has a long future ahead of him boring people in pubs about past glories?

"I use to manage a premiership club ya know!"

"Yeah sure you did fella."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

As465S-CEAEd2vD.jpg

Seems like the ultimate delusional fan of a team - said the week before the end of the season that he was shocked that they were in the position they were, when all and sundry had them tipped for the drop from the start

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

did he not say when he got the job that with 5m invested in players he's get them champs league? he's a ballbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

What are Saturdays Lotto numbers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭sundula

Why was the video kept?

Hopefully this is a bit like the Andy Gray/Richard Keys sacking and someone release this as a means to starting the process of removing him or getting him to walk away.

The press have'nt had the knife out for Kean but I sense it is coming once the excitement of the City's league wins dies down. This video couple with Hunt's leaked letter will hopefully getting the ball rolling. If he starts making the Venkys look even more stupid then he will be gone. He has no real media profile and therefore I doubt he has any real allies in the press to help him.

Maybe the chant " He's a drunk, he's a thick he's footballs biggest pr*ck" have some foundation on this video.

I doubt Big Sam gives a fcuk as he settles into his new job at the Nou Camp while Kean is on the scratcher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Kean likes his drink he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

sundula wrote: »

The press have'nt had the knife out for Kean but I sense it is coming once the excitement of the City's league wins dies down. This video couple with Hunt's leaked letter will hopefully getting the ball rolling. If he starts making the Venkys look even more stupid then he will be gone. He has no real media profile and therefore I doubt he has any real allies in the press to help him.

The fact that the knives haven't been out much in the media for a man with zero managerial credentials and relegating a team so convincingly......tells a story. As an avid Sunday supplement watcher I can tell you, he DOES have some allies. Hard to believe but true.

For blackburns sake I hope he gets the boot. But with the current owners.....they have no chance of bouncing straight back up. Unless another buyer comes back in, we shall see a Leeds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

quarryman wrote: »
    Kean likes his drink he does.

Why are people so shocked / offended by this though? He seems a bit, well, oldschool I guess? Nothing in that video invalidates his abilities on the coaching field, and it might just be that certain players would respond to a manager like him.

This is still football, not the management of equity funds!

I watched "Hold The Back Page" on Sky last night and I got the feeling the media were starting to turn. Henry Winter and Andy Dunn said his tactics against Spurs were mind boggling and they doubted he would get a premiership job again. I thought Dunn was particularly dissmissive of Kean and I got the impression Keans in for plenty of stick.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Why are people so shocked / offended by this though? He seems a bit, well, oldschool I guess? Nothing in that video invalidates his abilities on the coaching field, and it might just be that certain players would respond to a manager like him.

I dont care how much he drinks, for me its what he says. His thoughts on the clubs prospects while knowing there is no investment coming. His attitudes towards Sam which in the context of the video and conversation is not called for and then his day dreaming about his 'discovery' of Phil Jones.
    His performance and record as the manager is what has invalidated his coaching abilities. I dont think any professional player in this day and age would respond to Kean and I think the performance of the Blackburn team over the closing weeks of the season prove that versus the performance of the Wigan players for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

My point is that he tends to make bad decisions once alcohol is taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

I dont care how much he drinks, for me its what he says. His thoughts on the clubs prospects while knowing there is no investment coming. His attitudes towards Sam which in the context of the video and conversation is not called for and then his day dreaming about his 'discovery' of Phil Jones.
    His performance and record as the manager is what has invalidated his coaching abilities. I dont think any professional player in this day and age would respond to Kean and I think the performance of the Blackburn team over the closing weeks of the season prove that versus the performance of the Wigan players for example.

Maybe he thought investment was coming? Maybe the board promised him money was coming? It wouldn't be the first time a board promised a manager money that never materialised and it won't be the last.

What exactly did he say? He offered his opinion on Allardyce when asked and in fairness he answered it honestly. I'm sure if Allardyce was asked the same question he would come back with a similar reply.

Also, I loosely know somebody who was involved with Blackburn at that time and he told me they never thought Jones was all that and he was surprised when he moved to the first team and later onto United. I'm not trying to validate Keans claims he "discovered" Jones, but there could be some truth in it?

Danye wrote: »
    Maybe he thought investment was coming? Maybe the board promised him money was coming? It wouldn't be the first time a board promised a manager money that never materialised and it won't be the last.

What exactly did he say? He offered his opinion on Allardyce when asked and in fairness he answered it honestly. I'm sure if Allardyce was asked the same question he would come back with a similar reply.

Also, I loosely know somebody who was involved with Blackburn at that time and he told me they never thought Jones was all that and he was surprised when he moved to the first team and later onto United. I'm not trying to validate Keans claims he "discovered" Jones, but there could be some truth in it?

Investment, maybe he did think it was coming - now its hasnt and does look to be based on the leaked letter of the stand in CEO why would Kean continue to defend the owners ?

I have no doubt Allardyce would love to stick the boot into Kean, but he wasnt caught saying anything on video.

Jones was at Blackburn since 2002 I dont really know if they rated him or not but I imagine with any player in a youth setup different coaches have different opinions on the chance of any youth player making the grade.
    I very much doubt Kean is responsible for bring Jones from the youths to the first team. I very much doubt Blackburn were about to cut Jones free before Keans intervention.
    It is very common for fans of a club to question how good a young inexperienced player is when that player makes a big money move to a bigger club is such a quick fashion. I'm sure there are plenty of fans that would like to see Jones turn out to be a diaster for United and know that Rovers had got 16million for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Don't like Kean, but this is very 'tabloid' for me.

Investment, maybe he did think it was coming - now its hasnt and does look to be based on the leaked letter of the stand in CEO why would Kean continue to defend the owners ?

Maybe because he still works for them and wants to continue working for them?
    I have no doubt Allardyce would love to stick the boot into Kean, but he wasnt caught saying anything on video.

So what if he was caught on video. It's his opinion. Camera or no camera.
    Jones was at Blackburn since 2002 I dont really know if they rated him or not but I imagine with any player in a youth setup different coaches have different opinions on the chance of any youth player making the grade.
    I very much doubt Kean is responsible for bring Jones from the youths to the first team. I very much doubt Blackburn were about to cut Jones free before Keans intervention.
    It is very common for fans of a club to question how good a young inexperienced player is when that player makes a big money move to a bigger club is such a quick fashion. I'm sure there are plenty of fans that would like to see Jones turn out to be a diaster for United and know that Rovers had got 16million for him.

Why do you doubt it? There is a slight chance that Allardyce didn't fancy Jones as a player and until Kean suggested having a closer look at him he might not of got his chance.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

1m Sky News Newsdesk ‏ @SkyNewsBreak
    Sky Sources confirm Sam Allardyce is taking legal action against Steve Kean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I doubt Big Sam gives a fcuk as he settles into his new job at the Nou Camp while Kean is on the scratcher.

Sky News Newsdesk ‏ @SkyNewsBreak Sky Sources confirm Sam Allardyce is taking legal action against Steve Kean

This should be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thrill wrote: »
    Sky News Newsdesk ‏ @SkyNewsBreak Sky Sources confirm Sam Allardyce is taking legal action against Steve Kean

This should be fun.

Funny how Allardyce wants to take legal action against Kean within 24 hours of the video surfacing, but yet he hasn't even responded to Peter Harrison's who is forever making libellous claims against Allardyce.

I suspect he knows Harrison has evidence to back them up.

Maybe because he still works for them and wants to continue working for them?

So what if he was caught on video. It's his opinion. Camera or no camera.

Why do you doubt it? There is a slight chance that Allardyce didn't fancy Jones as a player and until Kean suggested having a closer look at him he might not of got his chance.

He may want to continue working for them, In my opinion as a fan Venkys have been and will be bad for the club, they havent commited and as manager he is telling lies on their behalf to save his own skin.

His opinion and that camera have made he look like a complete pr*t and now he has given Sam a legal stick to beat him with.

I doubt it because he has no pedigree in coaching or scouting and in all the time he spent on Chris Coleman's staff they never found a player worth a cent. I doubt Sam throws guys into his teams without having some regard for them. Blackburn were mid to top half team under Sam and he had no need to risk Jones. The team was Sam's not Kean's.

Its horse****.
    Sam Allardyce raved about Jones in a charity night where he answered questions from those in attendance. You can listen to it here if you want. This was in April 2009, four months before Steve Kean came to the club.

Here is a link to that interview. http://www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/content/articles/2009/04/08/brfc_sam_allardyce_special_070409.shtml

He may want to continue working for them, In my opinion as a fan Venkys have been and will be bad for the club, they havent commited and as manager he is telling lies on their behalf to save his own skin.

His opinion and that camera have made he look like a complete pr*t and now he has given Sam a legal stick to beat him with.

I doubt it because he has no pedigree in coaching or scouting and in all the time he spent on Chris Coleman's staff they never found a player worth a cent. I doubt Sam throws guys into his teams without having some regard for them. Blackburn were mid to top half team under Sam and he had no need to risk Jones. The team was Sam's not Kean's.

He is lying to keep himself in a job which I can understand to be fair.

IMO I don't think he made himself to be a p**k. I think most people would agree that "Big Sam" at times is a massive p**k.

Fair point.
    eagle eye wrote: »
    Its horse****.
    Sam Allardyce raved about Jones in a charity night where he answered questions from those in attendance. You can listen to it here if you want. This was in April 2009, four months before Steve Kean came to the club.

Here is a link to that interview. http://www.bbc.co.uk/lancashire/content/articles/2009/04/08/brfc_sam_allardyce_special_070409.shtml

I see. Again that's fair enough and a valid point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

I think most people would agree that "Big Sam" at times is a massive p**k.
    Famously so. But he's never slated anybody on video and never stabbed someone in the back to take their job. Let's remember that Big Sam was Kean's boss before the latter clambered over his corpse to get into the gilded Venky's carriage

Reekwind wrote: »
    Famously so. But he's never slated anybody on video and never stabbed someone in the back to take their job. Let's remember that Big Sam was Kean's boss before the latter clambered over his corpse to get into the gilded Venky's carriage

Here's a video where "Big Sam" basically blames Mourinho, Wenger and Souness on labelling his preferred playing style as long ball or whatever and hence the reason he didn't get the England job over Capello :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPw5XFr1CTI

That's fairly similar to what Kean has done (Offered his opinion on another manager) all be it without the four letter words.

Well this video was recorded last pre season and it took a while to circulate. Maybe if Big Sam crosses somebody in the coming months a few videos might come out.

It's professional football mate. Back stabbing, undermining and climbing over peoples corpses are par for the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Sam makes out he's taking legal action, won't go through with it as he's a crook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

http://kumb.com/story.php?id=126240
    West Ham United manager Sam Allardyce has begun legal proceedings against Blackburn manager Steve Kean.

A video, thought to have been recorded in Hong Kong last summer showed Kean, who succeeded Allardyce as manager of Blackburn Rovers dismissing his predecessor as a 'crook'.

The comment was made after Kean, who was being secretly recorded without his knowledge, was asked why Allardyce was sacked by Rovers, who were relegated from the Premier League earlier this month.

Kean - who also insisted during the video that he would lead Blackburn to a top ten finish - replied, "Just because he's a f***ing crook. That's the only reason."

"I haven't spoken to him because he mullered me. I worked my balls off for him and then he had a go at me, so f*** him."
    - Kean on Allardyce

Despite the video being filmed some ten months ago, it was released into the public domain for the first time this week - clearly designed to destabilise Allardyce's preparations for this weekend's play-off Final.

According to the Telegraph, Allardyce had instructed his legal representatives to begin legal proceedings after talks were held this lunchtime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

First off, the person recording it is a pr1ck. Then the person who leaked the video is also a pr1ck. We can all go on a bit of a rant when pissed. Kean has had a tough year as it is. His job is probably gone and his team relegated. The vultures should stop eating corpses.

• Advertisement
Advertisement