Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend earphones for running

• 14-05-2012 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Looking to buy some new earphones for running. I have to use some kind that wrap around the back of the ears. I've had a pair of these for the past 3 or 4 years and they worked fine and they only cost €15 at the time. They are on the way out with crackling coming through one side.

I saw a few pairs in HMV the other day all of which wrapped around the back of the ears. The ranged from about €15 or so for a set of JVC earphones up to about €45 or €50 for Sony and the likes. Is the higher price worth it? Any online recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 316 ✭✭Mossess

I use a pair I got in HMV for €10 - Sony, and they wrap around. They are ideal. Nothing special, but they are comfortable, the volume goes up and down. :)

Since I'm listening to downloaded music, ipod or phone, the music is of a lower quality (for compression etc) so I can't see any reason in spending a lot on them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I use these for weightlifting, running, etc. and absolutely love them. Be warned though, the slim side plastic bits might break, but it's only cosmetic. Sound is great and they're waterproof, so water/sweat won't mess them up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

Hope its okay to bump this thread rather than create a new one. I'm looking for a recommendation as per the thread title.

I've had a look at the MEE set that Brian recommended last May and am considering them as a purchase. I have been using a pair of Sennheiser OMX 180 but I'm finding they aren't the most comfortable fit at the in-ear part - also though the hooks keeps them in place the in-ear won't stay snug in my ear canal so I end up constantly having to adjust them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

I'm also considering the S6 from MEE.

• Advertisement

Okay, about to ask the impossible. Does anyone know of earphones that are not the bud type, ie: not in the ear, that are suitable for running. Long distances, so they will have to be very light. And of course the less visible the better.
    (I still have my €10 Sony earphones, but on long runs I’d rather not have the buds in.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

PPC wrote: »

Woo, Seriously, thank you!!

Advertisement