Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm so screwed for next month it's not even funny. But I will remain optimistic!

• 14-05-2012 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭

Right, so I need to learn 2 years of material in 3 weeks, and I'm not going to do it without direction! :)

I want the following grades:
    French: A2 (mock B1, haven't done anything since)
    English: B1/B2 (mock C1 but I hadn't learnt anything for paper 2, I've done a bit since)
    Irish: C1/C2 (mock D1 (1% off a C3), I've done a lot of practise for comprehensions and tape and my oral went really well)
    Biology: C2 (mock D2, have done very little since)
    Business: C2 (mock D3, haven't done anything since)
    Chemistry: D3 (mock F, I've done a bit for it since, I've also got a mock in this on Thursday so I'll be getting loads done between now and then)
    Maths: It's pass so I don't care once I pass it.

I don't think these grades are hugely unrealistic since my mock results were from nothing but night before study, but obviously I'll need to get my head down a lot between now and next month.

Any help with what exactly to do to achieve these grades would be hugely appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Right, so I need to learn 2 years of material in 3 weeks, and I'm not going to do it without direction! :)

I want the following grades:
    French: A2 (mock B1, haven't done anything since)
    English: B1/B2 (mock C1 but I hadn't learnt anything for paper 2, I've done a bit since)
    Irish: C1/C2 (mock D2 (1% off a D1), I've done a lot of practise for comprehensions and tape and my oral went really well)
    Biology: C2 (mock D2, have done very little since)
    Business: C2 (mock D3, haven't done anything since)
    Chemistry: D3 (mock F, I've done a bit for it since, I've also got a mock in this on Thursday so I'll be getting loads done between now and then)
    Maths: It's pass so I don't care once I pass it.

I don't think these grades are hugely unrealistic since my mock results were from nothing but night before study, but obviously I'll need to get my head down a lot between now and next month.

Any help with what exactly to do to achieve these grades would be hugely appreciated!

Your not alone! :L (if that is in any way comforting :/ :L )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

FinnD wrote: »
    Your not alone! :L (if that is in any way comforting :/ :L )

It really, really is! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I was like that last year, I'm not as bad this year.

If you're doing a good amount of study and have studied for most of the year and your not just starting to study now you should be okay. I have done many past papers but I've just made sure I know the topics well for each question which could come up. I still need to go over business abq's and go over more of geoecology and learn Hamlet quotes and poetry.
    Just keep positive and make sure to cover everything and focus on the parts of each subject which you find most difficult first. Don't give up just keep trying and do your best :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

In my personal opinion I think you can get a huge amount of work done in the three weeks left and achieve the results you want.

I feel a lot more motivated now that the LC is only three weeks away. Anything is possible with hard work.

Good Luck :)

I was like that last year, I'm not as bad this year.

If you're doing a good amount of study and have studied for most of the year and your not just starting to study now you should be okay. I have done many past papers but I've just made sure I know the topics well for each question which could come up. I still need to go over business abq's and go over more of geoecology and learn Hamlet quotes and poetry.
    Just keep positive and make sure to cover everything and focus on the parts of each subject which you find most difficult first. Don't give up just keep trying and do your best :).

I haven't been doing anything all year, I pretty much just started studying last week. :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I haven't been doing anything all year, I pretty much just started studying last week. :/

Aw you can still do well just keep the optimistic and try to study as much as you can. And you passed most of those subjects apart from the one so thats good. Just keep doing as much study as you can . It can be hard to study after school though which is what I find as you feel really tired. You could write up a list of the things you want to get covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

If it makes you feel any better I'm essentially in the same boat as you. I need to go up from 290 to 340ish but hey, anything is possible with a bit of effort I reckon. :)

Aw you can still do well just keep the optimistic and try to study as much as you can. And you passed most of those subjects apart from the one so thats good. Just keep doing as much study as you can . It can be hard to study after school though which is what I find as you feel really tired. You could write up a list of the things you want to get covered.

That's what I'm planning on doing tomorrow actually, writing a list of things in each subject that I plan on covering. That's what I need help with - what to cover! :D Especially for biology.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 88 ✭✭skanger

That's what I'm planning on doing tomorrow actually, writing a list of things in each subject that I plan on covering. That's what I need help with - what to cover! :D Especially for biology.

I only started 2 weeks ago and Iv'e got a massive amount done in that period, since then Iv'e been confident enough to completely change my CAO, you'll be surprised how much can be done in such little time and by how much you already know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Coeur just a few tips for Biology: Make sure you know Photosynthesis and Respiration,Genetics(Crosses!!),Enzymes(Normally experiment or general q on the paper),Ecology and Human reproduction.These topics are nearly always asked.
    Also know your experiments and food chapter(Always Q1) !!

With them you should do very well :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement