Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC - Bray

• 14-05-2012 11:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi

Is there any UPC rep here ?

I'm trying to get UPC connected but on web page shows that I can't have internet - just telly.

But ....

I can see three UPC networks around !!

I can give You SSID names if You like.

My friends are living on the same street (Richmond Park) and they have UPC broadband !!!

I had similar situation with Irish Broadband - I was calling them for over 6 months to no avail and one day I spoke with one of their installation engineers and he told me that coverage was excellent on my old address for a year and a half. And I kind ordered thru him and.

So maybe here is something like that - guys in the office don't know if there is coverage or not ?

Any help welcome.

Tom

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5 fifififi

Hi Tom

I live at the town end of the Herbert Rd and are trying to get UPC broadband.

They were at the wires at the front of my house about 9 months ago and got letter in door about upgrading our wires blah blah!!

Everytime we ring them its the same - TV only. We had engineers in our back garden about 6 weeks ago and they were at the old TV/ Cablelink box. That means they have clearly been out at two seperate cables/connections to the house.

Seems our neighbours can get Broadband but no matter how many times we ring and insist they tell us our address is not on the database for internet. Absolute joke!!

Must search for wireless networks around and see what comes up.

Also, they recommended we get Magnet no -contract broadband in in the interim and its terrible!

Good luck! Let me know if you make any progress.

Fiona

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Still nothing I'm affraid.

I called rep from UPC - his number was on leaflet and he just went ahead with order and everything but when I ask him if he can check if I have coverage - promised call me in 5 minutes ago - it was around 6 hours ago - so he is still looking.

I've check on upc.ie page and looks like just my part of the street is without upc broadband. all houses on opposite of the street can have it and rest of the houses after the green grass gap can have it !!

When I spoke with upc they told me that sometimes they can't put cables on some houses (like owner disagreed or something) but I spoke with engineer who put cables on my house - he told me that all houses on my part of the street are connected now.

bottom line is - someone forgot to connect something or change some info in upc system and now we can't have decent broadband.

Tom

Advertisement