Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want your holiday

• 15-05-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭

Just been listening to Today FM and heard the story of this guy who had booked a holiday for himself and his girlfriend, now they've split up he's decided to give it away for free? What do you guys think.. I know if it was me I'd just look for a friend to come with me.. :/

http://madhatters.me.uk/2012/05/11/i-want-your-holiday/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Isnt it fairly pricey to change the name on airline tickets???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 104 ✭✭outtagetme

KeithM89 wrote: »

It's a poxy week in Butlin's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

outtagetme wrote: »

Well id rather Mosney tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

And now we know why they broke up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Is outtagetme discourage other people from applying? :P

I felt a bit sorry for the lad initially, but instead of just announcing that he was giving away the holiday and, understandably, telling the story - he started going on about how we live in a "broken world" and ought to sit beside lonely people in school and buy sandwiches for homeless people... At that point I stopped watching.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Lionel Messy

What a loser.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

aimerlans wrote: »
    I know if it was me I'd just look for a friend to come with me..
    He obviously doesn't have any friends. ... I can see why. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

KeithM89 wrote: »

It would dent the wallet sure enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Flin’ in some pooch bunsens, an’ i’ll hae a hink abit it.
    Duncan.

This was one of the comments. I get "and I'll have a think about it" but anyone hazard a guess as to what pooch bunsens are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

I want ur babies :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Ficheall wrote: »
    I felt a bit sorry for the lad initially, but instead of just announcing that he was giving away the holiday and, understandably, telling the story - he started going on about how we live in a "broken world" and ought to sit beside lonely people in school and buy sandwiches for homeless people... At that point I stopped watching.

Pile o'shyte. He was going to sell the holiday on ebay only he wasn't allowed. He might be giving it away for free now, but he's making sure he gets as much exposure out of it as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Custardpi

mackg wrote: »
    This was one of the comments. I get "and I'll have a think about it" but anyone hazard a guess as to what pooch bunsens are?

Lab apparatus used for burning dogs. Very popular with Scottish evil mad scientists apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Custardpi wrote: »
    Lab apparatus used for burning dogs. Very popular with Scottish evil mad scientists apparently.

When I read it I thought of novelty bunsens in the shape of dogs.

Advertisement