Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSc Financial Economics

Options
  • 15-05-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I really want to do a masters in financial economics in the UK. Im 28 years old and I will be funding the course myself and there is no way I can afford oxford or lse etc. I have a 2.1 Hons degree in Finance from an irish university and I would ideally like to work in academia eventually. (following phd of course). I have it narrowed down to the following courses with prices:

university of nottingham 4890
    glasgow 4750
    Kingston university london 4950
    university of exeter 5000
    Sheffield 5230
    Manchester University 6150
    cardiff university 6345
    Leceister 6545
    Essex University 8250

Does anyone have any experience of any of these courses. (or lived in any of these areas)
    Other matters would also be useful. eg cost of accommodation, availability of part time work, etc

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ramblingcelt

Hi,

My advice would be to check the university rankings and especially the FT rankings for business schools. They won't all be there.

From my experience:
    Glasgow, Essex and Manchester would be safe bets.

Look at the publishing of the faculty. This is most important for academic reputation.

Also worth looking if they have a strong PHD programme.

Advertisement