Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car scrapyard in Lusk, contact details?

Options
  • 15-05-2012 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

Would anyone have a name or number or opening times for the scrapyard in Lusk?

As you leave Lusk roundabout, heading for Blakes Cross, go about a hundred yards and it's down a lane on the left.

Not to be confused with the one closer to Blakes Cross, on the way to Balleally Landfill.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Just drove out there and it turns out the council closed it down.

Back to my ebay searches I suppose :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

It's still in lusk. Well oberstown. Just moved location. It wasn't the council that closed it down it was revenue

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

AFAIK this place (philip christie's) has been closed for a few years.
    There is a place in Duleek that is similar to Philip's yard.

I did a quick google and I think this is it :-
    B.S. Parts Ltd
    Duleek Co Meath
    (041)9823587

blahblah06 wrote: »
    It's still in lusk. Well oberstown. Just moved location. It wasn't the council that closed it down it was revenue

Would you have an address or directions?
    Thanks.

Dow99 wrote: »
    AFAIK this place (philip christie's) has been closed for a few years.
    There is a place in Duleek that is similar to Philip's yard.

I did a quick google and I think this is it :-
    B.S. Parts Ltd
    Duleek Co Meath
    (041)9823587

Are you referring to the place I visited or the place blahblah06 says has moved to Oberstown?
    What I mean is, are both the Lusk and Oberstown ones gone?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Dow99

Are you referring to the place I visited or the place blahblah06 says has moved to Oberstown?
    What I mean is, are both the Lusk and Oberstown ones gone?

Thanks.

The one I'm referring to was in Oberstown,, but it must be closed over 5 years at this stage. Unless one has sprung up in the mean time.

Heard someone mention a scrappers out by the Man O War.
    Wonder if that's gone too?

All I need is a few bits of plastic trim and maybe a switch or two for a 98 Golf!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I visited a place a couple of years ago just outside Balbriggan heading towards The Naul.

Map here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

Is that not where the shopping centre is now?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I think that it is before the shopping center. It was a few years ago. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

The one at The Man'O'War was Philip Christie. Brian Smyth in Duleek bought out Phil and all their stock and moved it to his yard in Duleek (as mentioned above).
    The breakers by The Millfield is still there..Just as you leave the Millfied on the Naul Road heading for the M1 there is a house with yellow gates almost beside the Millfield. Very easy to miss. I think the guy who runs it goes by the name Joe.
    But honestly Smyths in Duleek is prob the best around (but not the cheapest).
    HTH

Helps a lot, thanks for taking the time, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

I visited a place a couple of years ago just outside Balbriggan heading towards The Naul.

Map here.
    bcmf wrote: »
    The breakers by The Millfield is still there..Just as you leave the Millfied on the Naul Road heading for the M1 there is a house with yellow gates almost beside the Millfield. Very easy to miss. I think the guy who runs it goes by the name Joe.

This chap has stopped doing scrap now. Just parking vans on the land

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

hi mate sorry about the delay. if you head up towards man o war from coutry crest (closed down) its on the right hand side in behind a jap import place. still there as of yesterday anyway

Got the bits I needed elsewhere, but thanks for the update.
    Will be handy for sometime in future.

Appreciate it ;)

Advertisement