Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LUAS Green line - ghost stops

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dogsouljah

Wild Bill wrote: »
    What really pees me off about the "ghost stops" is the bizarre practice of the trams almost stopping at them but not opening the doors.

This adds at least a couple of apparently pointless minutes to the journey from Cherrywood to Sandyford.

I'm sure there is a reason for this and I'd like to know what it is before I dismiss the Luas operators as complete idiots :cool:

The main reason for this is due to the proximity of the stop platforms to the tram (since passengers need to step off without a gap). The driver cannot run through the stop areas at speed as the stop area was not designed to accommodate any speed over, say 20 kph (also, operationally speaking, it was probably decided that allowing a driver to speed through a stop area was bad practice, ghost stop or not).

Advertisement