Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some quick Malware questions

• 15-05-2012 4:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,116 ✭✭✭

Currently starting a proper clean of three PC's all XP (or possibly more for for friend too) following the instructions on the sticky but I'm wondering for the sake of completeness what other anti-malware programs I should run apart from Malware bytes and Super Anti-spy ware (may seem paranoid but I know one of them is infected)

After I completely run the two above, I've downloaded

Comodo Cleaning Essentials

IOBit Malware fighter

both have reasonable reviews, also thinking of using the following.

HitmanPro- However I'm not sure if the free trial version actually allows the malware removal.

Norton Power Eraser sounds good however it is apparently very aggressive so leaving it off for the minute

Not sure if Spybot Search & Destroy is worth using these days (or even still kept upto date)

Is it worth installing MSE to run a scan with it (one pc using AVG free and the other Panda, I know not to run two anti-virus's normally but would be removing afterwards). Though I think Microsoft Safety Scanner may do most of what it does.

Also two questions about the sticky at the top of the page, should malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware be ran in safe mode, and are these programs likely to be truly effective against Rootkits (fingers crossed their not there!).

ps I understand I may need to post HiJackThis or DDS logs but hoping I can sort out the problem myself

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement