Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Kilcock

Options
  • 15-05-2012 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm moving to Kilcock at the end of the month. I've been living in Omagh for the last while and I've been a little spoilt with the fishing up here (fly fishing).
    I was hoping some of you locals could tell me what the fishing is like there? And what licences and permits I'll need to pick up?

I heard the Canal is supposed to be excellent for course fish and I'm very keen to try a few flies for Perch and other coarse fish.

Is there much Trout fishing in the area?

Thanks alot for all the help! :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭tin79

Hello

There is some good coarse fishing on the canal if you get out and explore.

There is some good fly river close to you - if you are interested in joining a local club with several miles of local fly water you can PM me and I will send you details.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Macspower

Welcome to Co.Kildare.

the canal holds some good stocks of roach and bream with some tench, pike and perch as well.. It can be hit a miss though however with a little effort some good bags can be got.

20 of us fished a match near there yesterday and the weights were terrible but I fished a spot last week and had a fish a chuck...

Send me a PM if you want some specific info. I don't give out info on a public forum or to someone I haven't met but I'm always around the area somewhere and can put you right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Macspower wrote: »
    It can be hit a miss though however with a little effort some good bags can be got.

Found that with Kilcock myself. You can get great fishing some days but others are very poor. There also seems to be lots of small roach and perch about also. For big bream you need to fish off the feeder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭terminator2

good fly fishing in the liffey <clane trout anglers> , and the rye river

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭beretta firearm

hi im local.the liffey and the rye .pm when u move and il ive you some details!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement