Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travel Time

Options
  • 15-05-2012 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am on work experience soon and I intend to live in Citywest. I will be driving from there to Blanchardstown to work. Can anyone tell me how long that journey would take? According to Google Earth its 17km. But is there many delays with traffic along that route in the mornings/evenings? Would be the expected travel time?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 phanley

seems like a long distance to travel to me. I wouldnt live there unless you have a reason you need to live in citywest. You could get a similar place in blanch for the same price. As for traffic it depends on the time you start work, earlier the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Yeah why not just live in Blanch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 yankeealpha

I have friends in Citywest

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭Dublin25

I've done this commute for the last 3yrs now. I leave at 08.20am and am usually in the office for 8.50/55. I go down onto the Naas road and then down the M50 slip from the Red Cow.
    While the traffic does look like alot, I find it moves quicker than going down the N81 to the M50 as there isn't as many traffic lights. Start of the week tends to be heavier but Friday is lightest in the mornings. Usually takes 30-40mins on the way home.
    Give me a shout if you have any other questions.

I honestly don't think the commute is as bad as google maps make it out to be. Toll is a pain to pay though - roughly costing me 80e per month. I love living in Citywest though.

Advertisement