Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fast Forwarding Work Life - The Remote Control from Click

• 15-05-2012 10:29am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Would you fast forward your work life just like in the film "Click" with Adam Sandler.

(eg) would you fast forward 9.00am - 5.30pm Mon-Fri
    You would only ever be awake for time to yourself.

You would miss your entire work life but still be there, still get paid.

Unlike the film though you can stop when you want and it won't start skipping ahead at random moments.

For me it's 50/50 - work is life I suppose but at the same time it's ****e and who wants to work anyway....

So - would you fast forward your work life
    Throw in anything else you would also like to fast forward through.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

How would that work?

If your boss was to come speak to you you would be fast forwarding through it, so would you be able to interact with him?

To him would it look like you're moving at rapid speed or would you find yourself in some alternative "observers reality" and your boss can't find you because you're not in his reality?

We need more info OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

would do it sometimes but not always. My job is mind numbing but I try and make use of it by doing spanish lessons at my desk etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭Fromthetrees

I think everybody should only work a 30 hour week maximum. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

But I really like my job!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

I'm on a university placement at the minute which is boring and involves a lot of doing nothing so I would probably fast forward a lot of it.

A real job after university, probably not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The only things that I would fast forward would be Adam Sandler films.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Can you rewind the weekends???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Yeah - sure why not.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭whistlingtitan

Ah I can see your years education and ability to use the Internet have peaked .......…
    A question for the ages
    Like many great questions it will haunt mankind for centuries to come
    Drive profites to maddness
    Dement scolars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    But I really like my job!

Wash your mouth!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Fizman wrote: »
    Wash your mouth!

Seriously... I get paid to travel and watch sport for a bookmaker-information provider. Why would I want to fastforward that?!

(Oh, and I paint naked women on the side, but that's more of a hobby....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Don't wish your life away. Live every moment of it.

Don't wish your life away. Live every moment of it.

If you are wishing it was Friday every week and then on Sunday evening you were wishing it was back to the previous Friday again the wishing forwards and backwards negates against each other and in fact you are not wishing any time away!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

kfallon wrote: »
    If you are wishing it was Friday every week and then on Sunday evening you were wishing it was back to the previous Friday again the wishing forwards and backwards negates against each other and in fact you are not wishing any time away!!!

GREAT SCOTT!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Can you rewind the weekends???

Why do you want to constantly experience the ****s from eating abrakebabra?

Some of my best friends are people I work with. Some of my best laughs are in work. Every week I say "looking forward to the weekend" but I love coming to work most days. I work in a hospital, so I'm lucky enough to get to see how important life is and how it's there to be enjoyed. All of it.

So in answer to the question, no :)

Why do you want to constantly experience the ****s from eating abrakebabra?

I have not had taco chips in about 6 months, given up on them, cost me a fortune in savlon cream and baby wipes :(
    Some of my best friends are people I work with. Some of my best laughs are in work. Every week I say "looking forward to the weekend" but I love coming to work most days. I work in a hospital, so I'm lucky enough to get to see how important life is and how it's there to be enjoyed. All of it.

So in answer to the question, no :)

Do you have a nurse outfit by any chance??? :P

I used to kinda enjoy work but I was moved away from all my mates a while ago so I just turn up now, do what I have to do and get out. There are a few I'd miss I suppose. They'd all really miss me tho :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,140 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Seriously... I get paid to travel and watch sport for a bookmaker-information provider. Why would I want to fastforward that?!

(Oh, and I paint naked women on the side, but that's more of a hobby....)

Which side do you paint them on?:confused:

Do you have a nurse outfit by any chance??? :P

Is this question for research purposes only?

Is this question for research purposes only?

Purely :p

I wish I could fast forward to the end of this working day tbh, just want to get home relax for a bit and then head off out to football!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    Would you fast forward your work life just like in the film "Click" with Adam Sandler.

I'd pause it, then strip the women of the office and the MD, then take photos and blackmail him!

Purely :p

Well in that case, yes, I do. I don't wear it in work though :p

Well in that case, yes, I do. I don't wear it in work though :p

Nice!

I will update my spank bank statistics accordingly!

:pac:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Which side do you paint them on?:confused:

The outside. Duh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

ejmaztec wrote: »
    The only things that I would fast forward would be Adam Sandler films.

You win the thread.

Advertisement