Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stuck/dead pixel

Options
  • 15-05-2012 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I got a Htc one V last sat, just lastnight I noticed a stuck pixel. It's at the very bottom on the screen border, it's not to noticeable in daylight but it when it's dark and kinda annoying now I know it's there. Is a stuck/dead pixel a good enough reason to take it back to the shop and exchange it for a different handset?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Usually they won't take it back unless its a cluster of dead pixels like 7-8 grouped together.

Happened to a friend of mine with his Desire HD:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

It's just one but on further inspection and after trying a stuck pixel app it's not actually the screen. It's right on the edge of the screen and the touch area below it, just over the home button. Only noticeable if it's lit up and with a dark screen to contrast against it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

jozi wrote: »
    It's just one but on further inspection and after trying a stuck pixel app it's not actually the screen. It's right on the edge of the screen and the touch area below it, just over the home button. Only noticeable if it's lit up and with a dark screen to contrast against it.

What do you mean its not the screen , like its a software issue ?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Kenno90 wrote: »
    What do you mean its not the screen , like its a software issue ?:confused:

Not software either. You know the 3 bottom touch buttons, only when they are lit up (in a dark room) is there a white dot just above the home button and below the lcd. It's not the screen because I can't see it during the day when the whole screen is black.

Advertisement