Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Ec - Possible to do it externally?

• 15-05-2012 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering is it possible to do Home Economics externally these days? I read somewhere that there is now a journal so is it the same as Ag Science where you would need to be in class to see progress etc and for the teacher to sign off on it?
    Thanks again for all the advice :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

the journal does have to be completed under the supervison of the teacher and they do need to sign off on it - i.e. that it was completed under their supervision so this could be a problem.....

don't know the ins and outs of how external candidates work, but have come across schools that are relucant to take on external home ec students -- best bet i'd say is to contant either the school you are thinking of ... ( i assume you would be presenting for the exam in a school) and see what they say and it might be worthwhile giving the sec a ring as well -- they have a practicals section that may be able to help you.

don't forget as well that coursework (the journal) is submitted at the end of october in leaving cert year - so for 2012 exams journals have already been submitted and marked.

Advertisement