Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What water pressure for washing machine

• 15-05-2012 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I just got a second hand washing machine, a Bosch WFL2000, and hooked it up at home. However it doesnt finish a full cycle, it stops near the end and the active light stays flashing. This is normally indicative of issues with the drain hose or the pump, but I've checked both and they seem fine. Also the pump pumps the water out of the washing machine as I can see it coming out.

I googled it and it seems that water pressue can also cause this. What pressure should it be set at ? There is no mention of it in the manual.

regards,
    J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Hi lads,

I just got a second hand washing machine, a Bosch WFL2000, and hooked it up at home. However it doesnt finish a full cycle, it stops near the end and the active light stays flashing. This is normally indicative of issues with the drain hose or the pump, but I've checked both and they seem fine. Also the pump pumps the water out of the washing machine as I can see it coming out.

I googled it and it seems that water pressue can also cause this. What pressure should it be set at ? There is no mention of it in the manual.

regards,
    J

If it takes water in, and the cycle starts, and runs almost to the time on the clock or dial, I think it's unlikely that the incoming water is an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

okay I've increased the pressure to ~75psi... Just running the wash now.

It seems that water leaks back in to the machine when the cycle has finished. I'm wondering is this part of the problem?

Advertisement