Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone moving to Oz for work?

Options
  • 15-05-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi boardsies,
    Is there anyone out there who is moving to Australia or New Zealand in the near future for work reasons? I am looking to interview someone about why they are moving abroad/how they are being affected by the current economic situation in Ireland. It would only take a few minutes and is for a Swedish newspaper (the interview is in English).
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

Im moving out for work, try my best to get sponsored too! Most people are effected by the current economic climate. My boss left me go 3 weeks ago when I got qualified so he wouldn't have to pay out redundancy even though I worked 4 and half years. Rest of the guys are on three day weeks. It got busy then went quite all of a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭teepee

Im in the same boat , leaving in september for perth all going well .
    Im working in the construction industry as theres no hope of contenutey of work here for the next 10 years , getting marryed next year , we see no futher for or kids here , sad really buts that the way it is . As the EU looks so bad , now looks a good time to imagrate .:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭No6

I am moving out to work, on a 457 visa, I am going as soon as the visa comes through. Its move or loose the house time!!:eek:

Advertisement