Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

trade up to hp laptop

Options
  • 15-05-2012 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

basically hp have an offer listed on their website that mentions trading in of an old laptop for buying a new hp laptop

after reading the t&c carefully i was reassured that a pre paid postage form was going to be provided

after receiving the approval for my claim, i found out that this does not apply to irish customers! even if it is stated on the irish website

this is a heavy item which will cost 40-50 euro to ship

is there anything i can do?

https://tradeuptohp.com/ie/en/pages/terms

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

thats pretty good actually

an post wanted around 40 quid if i remember right

still angry at hp though.. i don t think i m the first one that noticed this and the very least they could do is update the website

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Have you tried phoning them just to clarify the terms&conditions of the trade up offer?

yes ended up speaking with uk staff who said to me that they had problems with the website

from reading the t&c you would have no reasons to doubt that postage was going to be paid from hp, thats why i went ahead with the purchase of a new laptop in the first place

pure bull if you ask me

they changed the terms and conditions now

Provided that the terms and conditions of this promotion have been met, a refund for the relevant amount, plus €20 postage contribution, will be paid to you by bank transfer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement