Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

madigans off licence robbed / beating.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Lads try limerick :o, i lived in appartments in town for 10 years too and walked everywhere at all hours. I moved to limerick and was robbed 3 times in 3 years. What ages are the madigans guys now? They were elderly when i was drinking underage? (!)

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭ArtVandelay76

Tellox wrote: »
    Alright, I get the fact that you're proud to be from Waterford - I spent the first 23 years of my life there, and always defended the place.

But after moving away for the guts of a year, let's be honest here - the place is a scum infested ****hole. I don't care for pretty streets when I don't feel safe walking through them.

Sorry can you or somebody else actually name some streets or a particular area where you don't feel safe walking through.
    I've lived here all my life and have very rarely felt unsafe even walking home late at night after a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Sorry can you or somebody else actually name some streets or a particular area where you don't feel safe walking through.
    I've lived here all my life and have very rarely felt unsafe even walking home late at night after a night out.
    I wouldnt walk down the road next to the Showboat towards the Quay at night or up or down the back lane at the end of New st.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

marlin vs wrote: »
    I wouldnt walk down the road next to the Showboat towards the Quay at night or up or down the back lane at the end of New st.
    I've often walked down by the showboat to the quay,after a night in the Forum, and never had/seen any hassle. Granted, that's just my own experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,691 ✭✭✭michellie

Jesus get back on topic.

I only found out a few months back that Madigans was still actually open, it never looked open and looked the exact same as it did years ago when I was buying drink when I was 16/17 :)

Hope the 2 men are recovering and the scum are locked up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭marathont

Sad to hear that, I used to go there a lot in my student days in Waterford. apart from being the closest off licence to me a the time, I used to like it because it was so old fashioned. if you a bought a couple of cans, he would wrap them in newspaper for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

wsopchamp wrote: »
    50 year old male taken in for questioning in relation to the Madigans incident.
    Any names given in court this morning or on news???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

The man who got his jaw broken has had to go to Cork to get a plate installed.
    Poor divil.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

The man who got his jaw broken has had to go to Cork to get a plate installed.
    Poor divil.

Ah jaysus, I didnt know someone got their jaw broken. Sicken ya it would.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Ah jaysus, I didnt know someone got their jaw broken. Sicken ya it would.

It really would. The two of them wouldn't harm a f**king fly. Will they even keep the offie open now after this? Wouldn't surprise me if they didn't. What must they be thinking right now. Poor fellas.

• Advertisement

I doubt they read much on the internet, might send a card to the shop...

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

wmpdd3 wrote: »

What a great idea guy's.
    I know that the 2 of them must have been through hell and for the price of a euro card it could make them feel very valued and cared for...!!!
    I'll send one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Partizan wrote: »
    Thank God I left Waterford a long time ago. I do come back once or twice a month, mainly to see the Blues on a Friday night, the parents and catch up with the lads. Anytime I am in Waterford one does not fail to notice how dead and depressing the place is. When I am out on a Saturday night, one also gets a menacing air about the place. I could never go back there. The arse has fallen out of the town.

20586602.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    What a great idea guy's.
    I know that the 2 of them must have been through hell and for the price of a euro card it could make them feel very valued and cared for...!!!
    I'll send one too.

Great idea wmpdd3. I'm going to send one too.

Any idea of an actual address for the shop? Would it be:
    Madigans Off Licence
    Manor St.
    Waterford

Partizan wrote: »
    The arse has fallen out of the town.

Yeah but he comes back once or twice a month to watch the blues play. :cool:

Yeah but he comes back once or twice a month to watch the blues play. :cool:

Blue to the death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Blue to the death.

Hypothermia?

longshanks wrote: »
    Hypothermia?

nearly got hypothermia watching that sh1t down the RSC last winter

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

One of the two people arrested was brought before the courts. The second is still in custody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

The off license was just open.

• Advertisement

They broke his fingers gave him two black eyes and he also has a bandage over his forehead, I was talking to him earlier on he did not seem that bad mentally so hopefully when the wounds heal he will be back to normal.

deisedave wrote: »
    They broke his fingers gave him two black eyes and he also has a bandage over his forehead, I was talking to him earlier on he did not seem that bad mentally so hopefully when the wounds heal he will be back to normal.

Ah for fork sake. The dirty cnuts. Its bad enough that they robbed him but did they have to fecking do that to the poor fella aswell. Lowest of the low.

Ah for fork sake. The dirty cnuts. Its bad enough that they robbed him but did they have to fecking do that to the poor fella aswell. Lowest of the low.

Yeah was terrible but was really happy to see him smiling and still working, I thought he might of been a little bit scared to open back up again. I sincerely hope that he gets better soon, it takes alot to shock me but that attack was thuggery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Yeah was terrible but was really happy to see him smiling and still working, I thought he might of been a little bit scared to open back up again. I sincerely hope that he gets better soon, it takes alot to shock me but that attack was thuggery.
    Pure scum and these people who done this would of known the brothers too , apparently they were allways around town well the 43yr old anyway as didn't hear name of other man arrested

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭giles lynchwood

Must have thought they had money hidden on the premises and were trying to beat it out of him.People like that should be put down like a rabid dog.Great idea about sending them a card.

Jason Todd wrote: »
    Great idea wmpdd3. I'm going to send one too.

Any idea of an actual address for the shop? Would it be:
    Madigans Off Licence
    Manor St.
    Waterford

That's what I put on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭south

jo06555 wrote: »
    Pure scum and these people who done this would of known the brothers too , apparently they were allways around town well the 43yr old anyway as didn't hear name of other man arrested

he probably did know them. he was living in England for a good while and was locked up over there for robbery too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

What we have now is a samll handful of people who are committing the majority of these henious crimes.

Lock them up I say. Prison works!

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    What we have now is a samll handful of people who are committing the majority of these henious crimes.

Lock them up I say. Prison works!

That's a brilliant idea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

That's a brilliant idea!

Unfortunately the courts don't think so.

Advertisement