Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something wrong with names on Google Maps

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

The irish names are ridiculous and should be cut out (perhaps leave them in the gaeltacht areas).

Im pleased to see they have given the Irish names the chop. Unnecessary clutter and no loss imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Just had a look in a long time, and things are very much improved my way anyway. The Cappoquin issue is solved (although interestingly it disappears at one particular zoom level, but is there again the next), and the townlands now make a lot more sense : the commonly used townlands come up at an adequate zoom level, instead of clogging up the less zoomed in view.

Phew.

I reported 3 times to them for my own part.

Now the thing is, what if I want to explore an area I don't know ? Has the problem been fixed everywhere so ?

Advertisement