Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tramore....

Options
  • 15-05-2012 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

does the town provide adequatly for you to lead a fun fulfilling life?
    is there one community or a gathering of many community's with little links?
    what would you like to see in tramore? services, facilitys?
    where in tramore is the biggest eyesore?
    where is the shining light in the town?
    what do you think is the biggest social problem in the town?
    where is the biggest social problem?
    what would you like to see happen in the town?
    do you benefit from tourism? directly, indirectly?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Guramoogah

Who are you and why are you asking so many questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Guramoogah wrote: »
    Who are you and why are you asking so many questions?

See the flowrider discussion. This is just another angle on the same topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

im a tramore person who wants to get a handle on what this town actually is and where it is going. there is no community fourm for this town be it in the real world or online so i thought why not use here, there seems to be enough tramore people using it. mabey try and use it as a discussion point as long gone are the days of public discussion over the village pump, also people seem to be better able to express themselves online as it is not standing up in front of a crowd and giving their point of view. im not a serial objector or such like, im a concerned citizen who is looking at what is happening in the country and how other communitys are pulling together and wonder how tramore is unresponsive to the current crisis

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭tbayers

what would you like to see happen in the town?

See douch bags like you cop on and get up off your arse and have a proper look around for yourself! Tramore has countless amounts of community services, your just so blind you can't see them:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

oh you think your so clever, such a hilarious boy....
    fyi, im not on my arse, iv been looking since birth and fortunately im not blind. im involved in some community services, im just not an 'out there, look at me, im great, im helping people' person. im just looking to find out the views of towns people to feed into a piece of research but all im finding is negitive responses to any of my posts. not constructive discussion. im hoping that this is not a representative cross section of tramore society. if it is im worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,339 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think you might find you are getting negative responses because your own approach is negative. You are the one who is saying how bad Tramore is, you are trying to get answers that suit your own views.

I would be inclined to agree that there are some issues in Tramore, but no more than anywhere. I could quote a couple of instances of things being less than desirable in Tramore, but I would not make a sweeping dismissal of the town on the basis of that. On balance there is a lot going on if you choose to look for it.

You give the impression that you are not entirely upfront about what you are doing, and if you are really doing serious research (for what exactly?) you might find people would take it more seriously if you had a more balanced, and reader friendly approach.

i may be blunt and to the point but i make no apologies. im trying to start a discussion on tramore as a whole, the good sides and the bad sides, trying to get peoples views on the town, its past present and the future. the flowrider issue got people talking now why not a discussion on the whole town and not just on one little field?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jack pippy

tramore is a great town with plenty to do if u want every where has its problems we are lucky:) altough the young surfer dudes drinking in the sand dunes during the summer months are giving are small town a bad reputation to some summer holiday makers but hopefully are tidy beach cleaning campaigns can alter such neglections of our beautiful beach we can all work together for a better tramore

let me know what you tramore people think should be done to improve our vast and popular community and i shall contact our constituenccy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Brick Session

jack pippy wrote: »
    let me know what you tramore people think should be done to improve our vast and popular community and i shall contact our constituenccy

Are ya on the drugs yourself lad? :D

fortunatly i have never indulged myself in illegal substances like that and i would reccomend we all discourage are youths in this town from taking any of that rat poison this town is secretly suffering in silence from such drug abuse hopefully the garda will prosecute all those in possesion of such a thing,, i hear theirs already ready been some drug raids in tramore the past few months so hopefully it will be gone from tramorefor good

jack pippy wrote: »

Sorry lad was not making fun of you but if you think that contacting any of our elected representatives is going to do anything to solve such problems then you are dilliousional my friend.

i know but something has to be done our representitives have not done much in the past but maybe someday they;ll wake up and smell the roses and stop speeding around in their luxury cars while us as civilians have to do much of the nitty gritty stuff ourselves maybe some day this will happen unfortunatly im not very optimistic my friend

People People People, whats going on? Here is a person thats willing to do something and just gets put down... for what?
    Something does need to be done, i wouldnt agree with the contacting of representatives, not sure what that will do. but its great that someone somewhere can see the true picture,cares and wants to do something. if only there were more like them.....
    The feeling of community is almost non exsistent in this town, just look at the turn out for the fabulous lights turning on event.
    With this format i.e boards.ie,we are afforded a great opportunity to discuss issues and begin to propose solutions, lets use it properly and not just whinge at each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 gnl92

Hi, im thinking of purchasing a holiday home in pebble beach for the family and they are available from as little as 40k, going down to look at some friday as i know that tramore has a lovely beach and there would be plenty of activity for the children but i would really appreciate some honest info on the apartments in pebble beach and some info on the town itself- iknow that nowhere is pristine perfect but im speaking with the happiness of the wife and kids in mind- we dont go really in for the party scene as none of us drink but we like walks and i like to go jogging - thanks very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭decies

Open the bloody toilets all year round it's a bloody disgrace !!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

gnl92 wrote: »
    Hi, im thinking of purchasing a holiday home in pebble beach for the family and they are available from as little as 40k, going down to look at some friday as i know that tramore has a lovely beach and there would be plenty of activity for the children but i would really appreciate some honest info on the apartments in pebble beach and some info on the town itself- iknow that nowhere is pristine perfect but im speaking with the happiness of the wife and kids in mind- we dont go really in for the party scene as none of us drink but we like walks and i like to go jogging - thanks very much.

I think you wont have any issues and will enjoy having a holiday home in a central location. Its a lovely town, the people are friendly, there is plenty to do, ample shopping, beauty salons, hairdressers, good nightlife scene (for all ages), stuff to do for the kids indoors and outdoors and so on.

Nightlife wise.. you have a good few to choose from including St Leger, Raglan Road (soon to be renamed Sally O'Brien's), Duffy's Bar in the Grand Hotel, The Victoria House (The Vic), The Seahorse, Murph's, O'Shea's Hotel and The Majestic Hotel. Most of the above named pubs have live music throughout the weekend and the Ragland Road, Duffy's Bar, The Vic, the Seahorse, O'Shea's and The Majestic Hotel do food.

There are some fantastic award winning restaurants including The Market St, Raglan Road, The Grand Hotel, The Vee Bistro, The Victoria House, The Seahorse, O'Shea's, Voujon Cafe (Indian) and Sunshine (Chinese) and the Majestic. Spoiled for choice again. Some operate throughout the day if you want lunch or coffee, and most do Sunday lunch.

There is a few indoor entertainment centers including Pirates Adventure, a purpose built indoor family entertainment centre. It offers a wide variety of leisure activities all built around a pirate theme. A glow in the dark Golf, Mini-Bowling lanes, Kids Go-Kart, Bouncy Castle and more. That's close enough. Then you have the outdoor and indoor arcades.

Surfing is also an option and you can go body boarding or kite surfing - Tramore Surf Shop & Surf School and Skyhigh Kitesurfing spring to mind as an option. Perhaps even a tour of the county of Waterford with Tramore Bike Tours?

There are some lovely walks around the town - walk the loop starting at Pebble Beach, down onto the Promenade, up through Riverstown, down along Tivoli, and back to Pebble Beach. Alternatively, walk up along the outer ring road, and along the road to Newtown Cove. You can also walk along the beautiful beach and promenade, popular with joggers and walkers. A long walk down to the Sand dunes is also an option.

Tramore is quiet 9/10 months of the year- its the summer season that things pick up and the influx of tourists adds to the crowds but rarely anything to worry about. You would be living in a busier area during the summer depending on the location within Pebble Beach of the house.

Pebble Beach also rent out apartments, so pop into reception and speak with Cathy and the team for a bit of help if your not familiar with the town and are looking for some advise. She will have Discover Tramore Holiday Maps (walking and driving guides for the town and surrounding areas) and the Town Holiday Brochure.

Loads of information on discovertramore.ie. Pop on here with any questions or send me a PM, happy to help :)

Thanks very much for the info, sounds like there is plenty to do, the only thing really stopping me is that the apartments will become worthless in time and that the place turns into a ghost estate or something but no one can predict these things, i just dont fancy being in my 50s and stuck with a bunch of teenagers overhead drinking throughout a weeks holiday, but i cant see them really falling any lower in value as they are now- thankyou for giving such a detailed reply and your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 realworld82

do not purchase in Pebble Beach, it is the equivalent to living in a timber garden shed,

• Advertisement

a timber shed might have a little more insulation than a pebble beach! those places were thrown up in a rush, painters following plasterers etc. They are only ever going to be a source of trouble and even if i was given one i would not take it.
    due to the rent allowance rates available, pebble beach is one of the few places in tramore that a person can rent if they want to get rent allowance as the monthly rent is e400 and so the place is quickly filling up with lower income households, im not dissing low income households but it has been proven that this social experiment doesnt work, the word ghetto springs to mind.

I went down and actually thought they were ok , bigger than i expected, im thinking of just using it as a getaway holiday home for about the next ten years until the kids grow up, the money is what my mum left me so i really want to put it to good use but im getting mixed messages , i like the thought of being near the beach but would be worried if the area was not being looked after correctly and if there was social problems there- is the area busy in the summer - i would be worried if it was being "let go", i noticed that alot have been sold in the last 3 years and im wondering why, i noticed that one buyer bought in march 2011 and sold again for the same price that august, and another buyer sold 12 months after purchase for the same price, did they realise they had made a big mistake and got out as quickly as possible?, in saying that these were the only 2 cases out of about 60 sales in the last 3 years so it does mean that they sell, _ any info , maybe from a present or previous owner would mean an awful lot, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

gnl92 wrote: »
    I went down and actually thought they were ok , bigger than i expected, im thinking of just using it as a getaway holiday home for about the next ten years until the kids grow up, the money is what my mum left me so i really want to put it to good use but im getting mixed messages , i like the thought of being near the beach but would be worried if the area was not being looked after correctly and if there was social problems there- is the area busy in the summer - i would be worried if it was being "let go", i noticed that alot have been sold in the last 3 years and im wondering why, i noticed that one buyer bought in march 2011 and sold again for the same price that august, and another buyer sold 12 months after purchase for the same price, did they realise they had made a big mistake and got out as quickly as possible?, in saying that these were the only 2 cases out of about 60 sales in the last 3 years so it does mean that they sell, _ any info , maybe from a present or previous owner would mean an awful lot, thanks.

Why don't you rent one for this summer and see how it goes rather than going two footed in with a decision. Good luck with whatever you decide to do and welcome to the town

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

I think for that money they have great potential however it will require an active management.
    Note that other apartments in the town selling at a similar price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭sparkling sea

tbayers wrote: »
    See douch bags like you cop on and get up off your arse and have a proper look around for yourself! Tramore has countless amounts of community services, your just so blind you can't see them:rolleyes:

Or maybe your just looking through rose tinted glasses.

I live in Tramore and if it wasn't for negative equity I'd be out of there in a flash. Anything positive anyone living in Tramore can pass on to us non original Tramorers would be more then appreciated - by me at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Or maybe your just looking through rose tinted glasses.

I live in Tramore and if it wasn't for negative equity I'd be out of there in a flash. Anything positive anyone living in Tramore can pass on to us non original Tramorers would be more then appreciated - by me at the very least.

I'm one of those jon original tramorers and can honestly say at this in time tyere is no where else in the country id rather live

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Tramore = coldest place on Earth.

Aint this a great debate happening in the about the metalman, once again in tramore we have the peoples front of tramore, the tramore peoples front and the popular front of tramore, cant we all just get along and help each other?? or must everything be done behind doors in the form of private meetings and sweet pillow talk! tramore is dieing a death, business' are getting into more and more trouble and many properties in tramore are now in the hands of nama. Even community projects are not safe, the childcare place on the branch road is closing down, from what iv heard from people with kids in there this is an absolute lifeline for them and their children and now it is just being removed. do we realy live in a town where more effort goes into tourism rather than necessary community facility's?!!

blankAs wrote: »
    Aint this a great debate happening in the about the metalman, once again in tramore we have the peoples front of tramore, the tramore peoples front and the popular front of tramore, cant we all just get along and help each other?? or must everything be done behind doors in the form of private meetings and sweet pillow talk! tramore is dieing a death, business' are getting into more and more trouble and many properties in tramore are now in the hands of nama. Even community projects are not safe, the childcare place on the branch road is closing down, from what iv heard from people with kids in there this is an absolute lifeline for them and their children and now it is just being removed. do we realy live in a town where more effort goes into tourism rather than necessary community facility's?!!

I could be totally wrong and open to correction (cue Sully) but I think the Metalman and its future has become a victim of an internal Fine Gael feud which is unfortunate for progression in Tramore. :(

• Advertisement

dont think its just an internal fine geal feud, think its more like too many people with their fingers in too many holes. just look at the board of directors, how many other things are these people involved in? Yes they are great people blah blah blah but why dont they allow other people to get involved and provide complete transparency for their projects. yes i know theres a town council meeting tonight regarding the metalman but do we realy trust these people? i think its time for a general assembly in tramore and allow the people to make their views known. anyone out there been invloved in the general assembly process? i propose the cannons field as a location.

Advertisement