Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor smart phone billing

Options
  • 15-05-2012 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,Meteor have been my supplier for the last 6 years..I bought myself a htc desire about 18 months ago ,my monthly tariff is thirty euro a month.Some months I would put a bit extra in just to make sure I was in credit.
    The about ten days ago I started to receive sms messages at all times of the day and night (3AM IN THE MORNING)telling me I had exceeded my mobile data download..I Contacted METEOR and asked to stop sending these sms to me.The young lady in customer care told me this was not Meteors problem and should write in to Meteor to stop this and hung up on me.(infuriating)
    Next day Meteor credit control contact me to say I have not paid the last nine bills and I am in arrears of 900 HUNDRED EUROS.After a few phone calls to CC getting nowhere I contacted Comreg.ie.The lad Comreg was very helpful.He told me to email info@meteor.ie asking to obtain all my bills for last six months including the package I signed up to.To be honest there is something not right with the way METEOR are billing and dealing with customers here.Watch this space.paying more for my phone than my car.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

If you check your bank statements can you see the payment going to Meteor each month ? 9x30 makes 270 euro by my calculations so where they got 900 needs to be determined.

My guess is that you used more than your allowance of data incurring a bill more than the 30 advised for your plan. Once the amount wasn't there for the DD it would have been rejected. It's odd that they wouldn't have contacted you sooner !?

Check the account on which the direct debits were drawn from and look at your account on meteor.ie for calls and data usage history.

Ken

Advertisement