Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hi new to photography some C&C/advice would be welcomed

• 15-05-2012 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hi I recently purchased an Olympus epl1 and I am having a great time with it I would appreciate some C&C/advice on the following any help welcomed (what I consider to be my best). Thanks!

6893333364_e08f38e5f1_b.jpg

6893339310_29287b09d6_b.jpg

7039441661_48c8799aa4_b.jpg

6893349264_aa8be0cc2d_b.jpg

56893376804_1a799c1fe9_b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭eagle10

67202608924_27e855cc08_b.jpg77202636502_5834a97e84_b.jpg87202607134_a87e3439bb_b.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

First of all, welcome to the Photography forum!

You've some nice photos and you've made a great start. Thanks for sharing them.
    An obvious problem with the first few is that the horizon isn't straight and this is a distraction.

No. 4 is a lovely engaging portrait, my favourite of the bunch.

7 and 8 look soft. Are you using a tripod?

I won't comment of the heavily tone mapped HDR images as I really dislike the technique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Telchak

1) Nice, though I think it would have looked a little better from a lower angle.

2) More of a snap, doesn't have anything of particular interest to me.

3) Really nice composition. The colours of the beach and mountains seem a little flat to me, could do with a very slight bit of contrast and saturation. Also, did you add the sky in post production? Something seems odd where the land meets the sky on the right side of the image.

4) Think it could be a little tighter, the grass at the front is distracting for me.

5) Really like this, only problem is the horizon is a little crooked ;)

6) Colours seem really strange to me, really don't like them. Also, I think it's pretty plain as far as churches go.

7) Weakest of the lot, nothing to really grab attention here.

8) Fantastic colours. My only problem is the way the two sets of rails are so close together that it kind of makes that part of the image look blurry. I think if you edited that part to get rid of one set, it would make it a really great shot. Think there's a bit of dirt on the lens as well in the centre-right part of the sky.

Hope that was any help :)

5uspect wrote: »
    First of all, welcome to the Photography forum!

You've some nice photos and you've made a great start. Thanks for sharing them.
    An obvious problem with the first few is that the horizon isn't straight and this is a distraction.

No. 4 is a lovely engaging portrait, my favourite of the bunch.

7 and 8 look soft. Are you using a tripod?

I won't comment of the heavily tone mapped HDR images as I really dislike the technique.

Thanks!

I had not noticed the crooked horizon since I done them before I was using lightroom however it is something I am always aware of now.

8 was on a tripod and I have no idea how its so soft, I have never viewed it as big before so hadn't noticed it.

7 was handheld just one I took when out spinning.

Thanks again.

Telchak wrote: »
    1) Nice, though I think it would have looked a little better from a lower angle.

2) More of a snap, doesn't have anything of particular interest to me.

3) Really nice composition. The colours of the beach and mountains seem a little flat to me, could do with a very slight bit of contrast and saturation. Also, did you add the sky in post production? Something seems odd where the land meets the sky on the right side of the image.

4) Think it could be a little tighter, the grass at the front is distracting for me.

5) Really like this, only problem is the horizon is a little crooked ;)

6) Colours seem really strange to me, really don't like them. Also, I think it's pretty plain as far as churches go.

7) Weakest of the lot, nothing to really grab attention here.

8) Fantastic colours. My only problem is the way the two sets of rails are so close together that it kind of makes that part of the image look blurry. I think if you edited that part to get rid of one set, it would make it a really great shot. Think there's a bit of dirt on the lens as well in the centre-right part of the sky.

Hope that was any help :)

Thanks very much.

very good pointers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Telchak wrote: »

That's the cathedral in Galway, for some reason it always comes out super colourful like that:
    5556004354_e6c83ff91b_z.jpg

Although not usually so HDRish.

Advertisement