Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One Goal...DCM2012

Options
  • 15-05-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hey guys and gals,

Just thought id start this log just to document and keep myself motivated and also for people to look in the window of my running life and maybe tell me where im going wrong.

Just my background, in 2009 I did the DCM and loved it also did the adidas race series that year two, have to admit the training took everything out of me and put me off running for awhile, then last year I went into town to watch the marathon and to be honest it gutted me I wasnt involved and vowed ill be back.

In summary heres my times,

5mile PB: 34:38
    10mile PB: 1:15:37
    Half marathon PB: 1:41:59
    DCM09: 3:56:23
    Ternure 5mile: 38:39

Aiming for 3:40 this year and im going with the HH Intermediate 2 program, am also signed up for the race series...Been building up a base the last month so fingers crossed all goes well

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Best of luck with your log and the DCM training, think i'll follow Higdons Intermediate 2 plan aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭doledude86

Week off work so getting a bit in...

Sunday I did the Terenure 5mile so from my watch it was 5.04miles @ 7:35min/mile pace.

Monday then had a recovery run 3.02miles @ 9.04 min/mile pace (probably a bit fast to be honest)

Wednesday tried a tempo run today warmed up for two miles then 3 quick miles then 5.00miles @ 8:30 min/mile

Felt pain in my right foot yesterday so stayed off it but was grand today, my poor little legs dont know whats hit them, also think its time for new runners shins wre a bit sore at the start and end of the run... Getting consitent now which is the plan out running 4days a week for the last 4weeks, any advice from neone would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Best of luck with the Lod and DCM doledude. Remember try not to increase your weekly milage by more than 10% each week or you could risk and injury!!

Thanks Bob, yeah ill try to do that alright! Its hard when you feel you have momentum but I will make sure i do this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

I know ya, you can feel a bit invincible when things are going well! But i think Anne will keep you right i the DCM thread sure.

• Advertisement

Thursday 6.01miles @ 8.38min/miles

Too quick I think today kept trying to cut back the pace should be travelling at 9 flat but finding it hard, was going quicker at one stage aat 8.15min/miles..

Getting some good runs in this week, off away for the weekend so itll just be a 3mile recovery run tomoro then off to the lovely Mount Wolesley so thatll be saturday and sunday off...

Easy 3.07mile @ 9.30 pace...

Nice way to finish up my week of running heading off to relax for the weekend! although I might sneak a run in Sunday evening..

Finding it hard to control my pace at the mo bot feel today I definately had it right for the recovery run, was snailling by!

Just back from my weekend away so had cabin fever and went out for a 4miler..

4.06miles @ 8:22 min/miles

Getting back to enjoying my running, pity back in work next week but I do awkward hours as im in retail so theres always time to run...

Mon- LSR- 8miles
    Tue- recovery- 3miles
    Wednesday- 5miles (@8:23)
    Thurs- OFF
    Friday- 3miles- recovery
    Sat- OFF
    Sunday- 6/7 miles-3miles(easy) 3/4miles (tempo)

Trying to get the balance right there between easy/hard and trying to build a base for when the 18week kicks in, anyone with any insight please dive in

So my LSR went from getting 8miles done then turned into a 9mile slog with that heat, sweat dripped off me really enjoyed finishing and think i found the pace that suits my LSR, recovery tomoro thank god but back into work at the same time....

9.07miles @ 9.06min/miles in 1hour 22mins

Recovery run today, odd how recovery run was much tougher than the LSR but got 3.05miles @9.46min/mile so took 29:49 secs

also my ankles were a bit sore when i finished now this could be down to footwear (old runners need to be replaced come payday) or I do recall on my last training in 09 I had weak ankles so have to incorporate exercises to build them up, could this be casued by anything else?

• Advertisement

General Aerobic run today 5.97miles @ 8:37 min/mile pace

very hot out there today but had to get out work committments are going to reduce free time for the next week so delighted to get 19miles done in the first three days... Day of rest tomoro and recovery run Friday so Im delighted....

Advertisement