Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enda Kenny tells protester "You could do with a day’s work, I’d say"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

Well yeah - kind of.

Look, Kenny was foolish and yes, unstatesmalike to respond as he did.

But the guy is just being a whinging little sh1t. He practically told Kenny to fúck off & and now he's all outraged???

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Ruralyoke wrote: »
    Well yeah - kind of.

Look, Kenny was foolish and yes, unstatesmalike to respond as he did.

But the guy is just being a whinging little sh1t. He practically told Kenny to fúck off & and now he's all outraged???

As you can see in my post 137, I agree, and I'm no fan of Enda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭Ruralyoke

Yep, see that now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭Bababa

Biggins wrote: »
    ...However they are still entitled to JSA provided they satisfy a means test.
    I think its in that area that some 'fall between the cracks' so to speak.
    Its an area that just needs to be further looked at, that all. :)

Has this turned into the taxi thread or what?

Bababa wrote: »
    Has this turned into the taxi thread or what?

A bit of both. Thats AH for you. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

enda could do with a days work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

bluesteel wrote: »
    is that your best retort to the economic challenges facing the country?
    Rehashing a story that Kenny told years ago. I'd say the family of Lumumba had more pressing issues than some Irish guy repeating a story that a Portuguese barman told!

Such ignorance.. You are aware that much of his family lived in Dublin at the time the comment was made? And it wasn't a rehash either.. he referred to the man as a nigger (jokingly or otherwise), and then asked reporters not to repeat it.

Browne's comment was a fleeting one, not one that had been added to a script only to be brushed aside when the reaction to it turned out to be cold. After Kenny apologised for his comment the issue was put to bed by most.. only fair that Kenny's issue with TV3 is also moved on from.

Why should Kenny engage in a debate with a man affiliated to criminal activity?.. I don't know.. Why should a man known to make racist jokes be excused for avoiding public debate on a topical issue?

Why is so much effort being put into erecting posters and releasing sound-bites on the treaty if a public debate is seen as something which isn't all that necessary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I bet that wasn't in his 5 point plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

You go on boards.ie, biggins is there ranting all day, all over the site.
    You go on thejournal.ie, biggins is there ranting all day, all over the site.
    You go on facebook, biggins is there ranting on politicians pages all day.

I think I understand why you're taking Enda's comment so personally, Biggins.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 29 bblueblood

What hope would there be in this little country without Sinn Fein.. if there was a general election in the morning and no Sinn Fein I'd deffo consider giving FF another go..... That's how useless this FG/LAB government are, actually the same or Worse than FF, sad but true, get the spoofers out and start with a NO vote in 2 weeks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

thats what you get when you vote a bunch of teachers into government

There was an enough of a*seholes in the last government too.

If SF were as good at burying politicians as they were at disappearing people in the past, then they would be this countries saviour. Unfortunately for them they have possibly done more harm to the no campaign by not being clinical enough in their approach and with their facts. Is not a lost battle but the people of this country always lived in fear of threats and punishments, and it's hard for them to gain pride, clarity and backbone when the political system as a whole is a noose around the neck of the nation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

enda could do with a days work

Bet his hands are as soft along with his brain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Annabella1

Yer man was giving grief to Enda kenny and when he got a smart answer back he's not able to take it and wants an apology . Fcuk him kenny should have hit the crybaby a slap

I think Kenny's handlers need to get a bit tougher and keep these desperados away from him.He is the Taoiseach with a large majority.He deserves respect.
    (The North Dublin Mafia never allowed this happen to Bertie :cool:)

Annabella1 wrote: »
    Yer man was giving grief to Enda kenny and when he got a smart answer back he's not able to take it and wants an apology . Fcuk him kenny should have hit the crybaby a slap

I think Kenny's handlers need to get a bit tougher and keep these desperados away from him.He is the Taoiseach with a large majority.He deserves respect.
    (The North Dublin Mafia never allowed this happen to Bertie :cool:)

He may be Taoiseach...but he got there because the people punished FF and for no other reason.
    As for respect...that has to be earned!!! And it won't happen..he hasn't the ability

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Such ignorance.. You are aware that much of his family lived in Dublin at the time the comment was made? And it wasn't a rehash either.. he referred to the man as a nigger (jokingly or otherwise), and then asked reporters not to repeat it.

Browne's comment was a fleeting one, not one that had been added to a script only to be brushed aside when the reaction to it turned out to be cold. After Kenny apologised for his comment the issue was put to bed by most.. only fair that Kenny's issue with TV3 is also moved on from.

Why should Kenny engage in a debate with a man affiliated to criminal activity?.. I don't know.. Why should a man known to make racist jokes be excused for avoiding public debate on a topical issue?

Why is so much effort being put into erecting posters and releasing sound-bites on the treaty if a public debate is seen as something which isn't all that necessary?

Simon Coveney has been leading the campaign for the government and has engaged in several televised and radio debates already.

The government has also released information booklets and written press articles giving its own opinion on it.

They've also made countless statements and responded to press questions on aspects of the treaty.

Other significant people have appeared in the media also advocating a Yes vote - Union and industry representatives, other political parties.

There is still time before the vote, so the government shouldn't be complacent about it, but I don't understand why you and others feel so strongly that Enda Kenny should personally appear in a debate with Gerry Adams of all people, just because he challenged him. It's not boxing.

He has a country to run, enough time is wasted with these personality contests during election time. We've heard Simon Coveney give the government side several times, and Mary Lou McDonald give the opposition side several times. I don't see what Enda and Gerry would say that would be different.

This is just a political ploy by Sinn Féin, and the media are being complicit in this pointless exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Did the big bad man steal your ice cream again? Bad Biggins!!!

:pac:

Judging by your posts and their quality, I suspect you know very little.

...But thanks for reading.

Instead of just reading and listening to my rubbish, why don't you just take time to put yourself in a neutral position and sometimes look at something from both sides.

You might disagree with me but you will also be a better person for it.
    Your just not quite there yet clearly.

Good health.

P.S.
    Sorry if my pointing out things that your incorrect about upsets you.
    Thats life. Bitter much I take it.

I've also only posted in two/three different topics on journal.ie today but hey, what's another untruth/exaggeration to add to the previous ones by you!
    I think I've posted in two/three threads so far at most all day here today too... my... thats bad!
    I have posted two/three topical items today on facebook. Wow, that must have took me all day too to do!

:D

Way to go WolfgangWeisen, keep up the ever slight exaggeration's. :D
    All day - ALL over the sites?

Excuse me for one minute...

:pac: :pac: :pac: :pac: :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dave! wrote: »
    Simon Coveney has been leading the campaign for the government and has engaged in several televised and radio debates already.

The government has also released information booklets and written press articles giving its own opinion on it.

They've also made countless statements and responded to press questions on aspects of the treaty.

Other significant people have appeared in the media also advocating a Yes vote - Union and industry representatives, other political parties.

There is still time before the vote, so the government shouldn't be complacent about it, but I don't understand why you and others feel so strongly that Enda Kenny should personally appear in a debate with Gerry Adams of all people, just because he challenged him. It's not boxing.

He has a country to run, enough time is wasted with these personality contests during election time. We've heard Simon Coveney give the government side several times, and Mary Lou McDonald give the opposition side several times. I don't see what Enda and Gerry would say that would be different.

This is just a political ploy by Sinn Féin, and the media are being complicit in this pointless exercise.

Adams wont debate with Martin either so there is some political upmanship going on.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭aligator_am

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Sure we could all do with a day's work couldn't we?

Off topic I know but our company apparently just took on a bunch of contracts and sped up some that they already had, end result is that they need a rake of contractors.

If you're IT savvy and can drive (may not be required but will probably help) then shout.

Sorry for taking thread OT but sure if I can help someone get some work then I hope that's a good thing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Biggins goes to his car. WolfgangWeisen is in the backseat

Felexicon wrote: »
    Biggins goes to his car. WolfgangWeisen is in the backseat

...With his rattle, ready to hit me over the head! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Ah Dave.. c'mon. You're better than those that blame the media in stuff like this.

Gawd.. you even used the words 'complicit' and 'ploy'. What's up Champ?

:pac:

'tis true though, the media loves a good standoff like this, that's why they're giving it so much airtime. They have a field day with the debates too. There'll be postmortems and graphs and opinion polls all over the shop following them. As a political junkie myself I quite enjoy them too but it doesn't mean they're productive or a good use of time :pac: Must be torture for the talking heads that they have to discuss boring Simon Coveney and Mary Lou.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Einhard wrote: »
    So what? I mean, why should we need a debate to help us make up our minds on the fiscal treaty? All the information that one needs to make an informed decision is readily available. There's absolutely no reason for a debate, except to score political points, and that's exactly what SF is after. If you need to see a debate to make up your mind on the the merit or otherwise of the treaty, then frankly you probably shouldn't be voting on it in the first place.
    for the likes of me, i have read the book, but i would like to hear it from the horses mouth ( kenny) , i would like a debate on the matter, the for and against, as i do not fully understand the whole thing, and if i do not understand it in full, i will either vote no or i will abstain from voting, and i know many many more like me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Do you really want to see two spoofers debate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

He may be Taoiseach...but he got there because the people punished FF and for no other reason.
    As for respect...that has to be earned!!! And it won't happen..he hasn't the ability

Hmmm the majority of people in this country 'respected' Charlie, Bertie and Brian C without question. Did they earn it,, did they what...

Now the majority of people in this country gave Enda a mandate by voting him in, are we going to take it back by saying, 'well we didn;t really want you Enda, we were only using you'.

We get the politicians we deserve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Why should Kenny engage in a debate with a man affiliated to criminal activity?.. I don't know..

Lowry? Nah Kenny is mates with him, isn't he? Not much debating going on between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I think it shows a lack of leadership on Kenny's part. If he is confident of his arguments and wants to ensure a high turn out and a Yes vote he should be using every opportunity presented to get his message across.

Imagine the viewership figures if he did decide to appear on the Vincent Browne show, stand his ground and engage in debate like a real leader would. His cynical slithering out of the debate is doing his image or the chances of a Yes vote no favours.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement

Armelodie wrote: »

Hmmm the majority of people in this country 'respected' Charlie, Bertie and Brian C without question. Did they earn it,, did they what...

Now the majority of people in this country gave Enda a mandate by voting him in, are we going to take it back by saying, 'well we didn;t really want you Enda, we were only using you'.

We get the politicians we deserve.

More like u and the others who voted for Enda admit u didn't really want Enda but u used him to punish FF and that u all get the politicians you deserve.
    Majority of the people? What was the turnout again? A lot of people don't vote because of the sh1te candidates available to them!!

SafeSurfer wrote: »
    I think it shows a lack of leadership on Kenny's part. If he is confident of his arguments and wants to ensure a high turn out and a Yes vote he should be using every opportunity presented to get his message across.

Imagine the viewership figures if he did decide to appear on the Vincent Browne show, stand his ground and engage in debate like a real leader would. His cynical slithering out of the debate is doing his image or the chances of a Yes vote no favours.
    Maybe he thinks/knows that it's just a political ploy by Sinn Féin, and doesn't want to give Gerry Adams an opportunity to trip him up or make him look silly? You know as well as I do that debates aren't simply about facts or arguments, they're political theatre and style or presentation can trump substance easily. It could be too much of a risk for the campaign to enter into this against someone with effectively nothing to lose.

Maybe he knows that he's not the best communicator/debater, and feels he could do more harm than good by appearing against Adams. It may be a calculated decision that he made to let a good communicator take the lead (I wouldn't call Simon Coveney the most compelling speaker in the world, but I guess Enda rates him).

And as far as I know the last few polls show the Yes side is leading. Perhaps Enda sees it as an unnecessary risk to make the debate into a personality contest by getting involved in fisticuffs with Gerry Adams. If he gets the treaty over the line then people will soon forget about Sinn Féin calling him a chicken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

It's awful pathetic to see people blaming Fine Gael and Labour. The same people probably voted Fianna Fáil all along and got sick of them. Who next? The terrorists Sinn Féin who have no sound economic policies whatsoever? People should realise that there is very, very little we can do. It's a global problem in which we're a tiny fragment of the mess.

At one stage we were borrowing around 400million a week to run the country, like borrowing every single week to do the weekly shop. Madness. There is no way this can be paid back. No matter how much austerity there is. But we're Europe's bitch now, we listen to Angela.

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    ...we're Europe's bitch now, we listen to Angela.

Aye, she not only strikes fire into people's heart - now its lightening too! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Grimreaper666

I still reckon we shouldn't have bailed the banks, we wouldn't be in this black hole now. We'll still be in depression in 100 years time at the rate we're going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I think it is a little bit shocking that Enda will not commit to a public debate.
    Orator or not he should be able to do this as leader, if not,well............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Did I hear right?
    Did Enda ask "What did you do?" at the end of the recording?
    Surely he would have the sense to take the advice the fella gave him and head off over the bridge and don't come back!

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    It's awful pathetic to see people blaming Fine Gael and Labour. The same people probably voted Fianna Fáil all along and got sick of them. Who next? The terrorists Sinn Féin who have no sound economic policies whatsoever? People should realise that there is very, very little we can do. It's a global problem in which we're a tiny fragment of the mess.

At one stage we were borrowing around 400million a week to run the country, like borrowing every single week to do the weekly shop. Madness. There is no way this can be paid back. No matter how much austerity there is. But we're Europe's bitch now, we listen to Angela.

FG and labour made plenty of promises that they could never have fulfilled. Give me
    some reasons why they deserve praise? They have shown no leadership..they are nothing but a bunch of lobotomised eurobitches playing games with all our futures.
    Gets a bit boring beating the old SF terrorist drum...I think FG/Labour and FF have done more to terrorise the people of the south of Ireland in the last 5 years than the IRA ever did.

Rant that I'm not bothered reading

I'm glad your employers are so supportive of your antics.

Oh wait.

mishkalucy wrote: »
    I think it is a little bit shocking that Enda will not commit to a public debate.
    Orator or not he should be able to do this as leader, if not,well............
    The only "debate" Adams and other cretins in SF, ULA, SWP deserve is people bending over and blowing farts at their populist ideologies that would drive the country back to the 1600s if ever realised.

I'm glad your employers are so supportive of your antics.

Oh wait.

I request that instead of attacking posters, can you at least do your research and get some facts straight instead of posting inaccuracies, stupid insinuations and frankly bad attitudes.

Grow up man. Your moaning is getting tiresome and is not conducive to the current debate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

The only "debate" Adams and other cretins in SF, ULA, SWP deserve is people bending over and blowing farts at their populist ideologies that would drive the country back to the 1600s if ever realised.

Too right, I'm happy here in the 1800's with my FG and Labour meisters! :rolleyes:

Grow up man. Your moaning is getting tiresome and is not conducive to the current debate.

This is literally the most hilarious thing I've ever read on boards, considering it is coming from the mind of one of the biggest posters of anti-government, anti-EU rants and moans on Irish "community" sites.

Debate? Don't make me laugh! Saying no to everything and claiming we can hold out "for a better deal" on literally every piece of legislation we're asked to vote on isn't fúcking debate. Claiming the world will end if we vote Yes on something, or that we're sucking at the teat of Angela Merkel in doing so, isn't fúcking debate.

It's the typical bullshít yourself and your ilk are peddling all over here and other Irish sites.

Grow up? I am grown up, thanks. Unlike some people though, I've a job to go to, taxes to pay and a country that I'd like to see kept on a track towards recovery rather than being derailed by a bunch of fúcking economically retarded socialists who want to give everything the finger just because they've been given the opportunity to do so. The same cúnts who pay the absolute least tax or no tax at all or are claiming every benefit they can get a letter to say they're entitled to yet have grand ideas about their position in society.

Can't read a thread or news article about current affairs these days without the Shinners and socialists showing up to calling politicians childish names such as "Alan Shítter", comparing Merkel to Hitler and other such inbred antics.

Debate? Don't make me fúcking laugh. The thread is comprised of some reasonable people saying "Well, he gave as good as he got, although he probably shouldn't have" and a bunch of hicks with their "Hurrr fúckin' Enda hurrr fúckin' primary teacher hurrr eurobitches hurrrr". Even in the politics forum, the entire "debate" consists of fúcking socialists having a rant, being trampled on by people like Scofflaw, Meglome and many others and the socialists never bother turning back up, just find another thread to spout their mental diahorrea into and move on again.

There is no "debating" with the "no" and anti-government, anti-progress and anti-eu "sides". It's always rational, reasonable people being shouted down by a bunch of ignorant cúnts spurting populist shíte about giving the finger to the EU banks and the people who've given us money to keep the country running. Fair play to Enda for not giving the cúnts the time of day.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Too right, I'm happy here in the 1800's with my FG and Labour meisters! :rolleyes:
    There are hundreds of millions, if not billions, of people in the world who would trade their life for yours if given the opportunity, without so much as a second of hesitation. Oh no, we have some of the lowest taxes in Europe, some of the best welfare benefits in Europe and access to a huge common market that we can both trade into and move into should we wish. We also still retain one ofthe highest standards of living in the world. Such a rough existence though, you poor thing.

So basically, if you're not happy here, fúck off and let someone else fill your place because there's certainly enough of them willing to.

This is literally the most hilarious thing I've ever read on boards, considering it is coming from the mind of one of the biggest posters of anti-government, anti-EU rants and moans on Irish "community" sites.

Debate? Don't make me laugh! Saying no to everything and claiming we can hold out "for a better deal" on literally every piece of legislation we're asked to vote on isn't fúcking debate. Claiming the world will end if we vote Yes on something, or that we're sucking at the teat of Angela Merkel in doing so, isn't fúcking debate.

It's the typical bullshít yourself and your ilk are peddling all over here and other Irish sites.

Grow up? I am grown up, thanks. Unlike some people though, I've a job to go to, taxes to pay and a country that I'd like to see kept on a track towards recovery rather than being derailed by a bunch of fúcking economically retarded socialists who want to give everything the finger just because they've been given the opportunity to do so. The same cúnts who pay the absolute least tax or no tax at all or are claiming every benefit they can get a letter to say they're entitled to yet have grand ideas about their position in society.

Can't read a thread or news article about current affairs these days without the Shinners and socialists showing up to calling politicians childish names such as "Alan Shítter", comparing Merkel to Hitler and other such inbred antics.

Debate? Don't make me fúcking laugh. The thread is comprised of some reasonable people saying "Well, he gave as good as he got, although he probably shouldn't have" and a bunch of hicks with their "Hurrr fúckin' Enda hurrr fúckin' primary teacher hurrr eurobitches hurrrr". Even in the politics forum, the entire "debate" consists of fúcking socialists having a rant, being trampled on by people like Scofflaw, Meglome and many others and the socialists never bother turning back up, just find another thread to spout their mental diahorrea into and move on again.

There is no "debating" with the "no" and anti-government, anti-progress and anti-eu "sides". It's always rational, reasonable people being shouted down by a bunch of ignorant cúnts spurting populist shíte about giving the finger to the EU banks and the people who've given us money to keep the country running. Fair play to Enda for not giving the cúnts the time of day.

Please feel free to counter any points made without the lies and/or the exaggerations, the insinuations, the very foul language, the personal digs at posters, the bad attitude.

I'm sorry Biggins but shortly after discovering you, well, everywhere on Irish internet sites, I learned to stop taking in the bullshít you spout on a daily basis as I'm certainly not having any of your shíte replace a childhood memory or something of actual value.

Must feel great to be recognised from other sites though, all that sitting around and giving out online has finally paid off ;)

I'm sorry Biggins but shortly after discovering you, well, everywhere on Irish internet sites, I learned to stop taking in the bullshít you spout on a daily basis as I'm certainly not having any of your shíte replace a childhood memory or something of actual value.

Must feel great to be recognised from other sites though, all that sitting around and giving out online has finally paid off ;)

I hope some day your not so bitter at life.
    Good health.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

...all that sitting around and giving out online has finally paid off ;)

This is one of those pot/kettle scenarios, right?

Good health.

I too pray that some day my not so bitter at life is ... not so bitter at life ...

You too buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Where has the mayo bollix worked? Not tax funder paid jobs, where has he actually worked?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Good health.

A gentleman! On here. I think you may be lost, sir!

• Advertisement
Advertisement