Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enda Kenny tells protester "You could do with a day’s work, I’d say"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭WolfgangWeisen

IrishAm wrote: »
    Where has the mayo bollix worked? Not tax funder paid jobs, where has he actually worked?
    So the 400,000 odd employed in services, that I may add the country is borrowing heavily to support, such as the Gardai, nurses, fire service and more don't count as actually working, as they're tax payer funded also?

Bit mean, no? I wouldn't fancy doing their jobs personally, although according to you they're not actually jobs ... ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭Bababa

Shocking stuff wolfgangweisn.

Ireland voted yes on every treaty up to now..did they not? And look what that did!
    Gave us many more jobs, happiness and joy..like the joy that just flows out of you. Ur composure. Ur dignity. Ur understanding of others that don't agree with you. A gentleman and a patriot, that's indeed what you are!!!

It is not us that is sucking on angelas teat..for it is you. And ur just upset because we don't want to get quite so intimate with her as u and the others do. She isn't our mother, and we aren't all seeking comfort in your mothers arms.
    You also make assumptions on people's employment status which shows a man/woman of great wisdom and ability to be able to tell such things.

As for the EU giving us money to "run our country"...that's news to me. I was under the impression it was a loan...so there's a load of free cash coming our way?..,brilliant.. All is sorted says wolfgangweisen. Good man. When can we expect to see it?

And if I ever heard such a rant out of a cünts this cünts that..fück this and that..Sounds like a John of god escapee. Quick get the benzos!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

So the 400,000 odd employed in services, that I may add the country is borrowing heavily to support, such as the Gardai, nurses, fire service and more don't count as actually working, as they're tax payer funded also?

Bit mean, no? I wouldn't fancy doing their jobs personally, although according to you they're not actually jobs ... ?

Some of the "tax payer funded jobs" are not actually working. You named the ones that are real jobs.

Anyway, Kenny was a teacher so he did contribute something to society at some point.
    Provided he wasn't one of those lazy hand out comprehension books and feet up teachers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Getting back on main topic, if the man that was angry at Kenny, had put his issues across better, he might have gotten at least a better retort/reply.
    As it was he did his side/argument no advantage and came across as a wally (to say the least) and let others who feel the same way, down for he had an opportunity they might not get.

Kenny in kind (from experience alone) should have replied better.

I think when those two met - it was a bad day for both of them.

Bababa wrote: »
    Ireland voted yes on every treaty up to now..did they not? And look what that did!

Indeed, Ireland has prospered as part of the EU and will do so once again, as part of the EU. I can start a business today and sell, without barriers, to customers in any country in the EU. I can move anywhere I like without restriction and yet, our government has maintained the freedom to choose its own tax rates on both income and corporations so that not only can we be a part of a common market, but actively compete with other countries in it to attract business. Indeed, the same government that has us paying some of the lowest levels of income tax, paying out the highest levels of welfare and maintaining foreign investment here. But hey, who cares for facts when you can just incoherently rant about things you clearly have no idea of?
    Gave us many more jobs, happiness and joy..like the joy that just flows out of you.

Yes, EU membership has been a huge part of the crazy levels of investment we've seen in Ireland and the job creation that arose from it.

You've a very blinkered view of things, can you only remember the last few years? Is that the problem? You're a child and don't actually remember any of the absolute greatness that being part of the EU has brought the country?
    Ur composure. Ur dignity. Ur understanding of others that don't agree with you. A gentleman and a patriot, that's indeed what you are!!!

Thanks!
    It is not us that is sucking on angelas teat..for it is you.
    Yes, well I'd rather suck on Angela Merkels teat than on Gerry Adam's blood spattered cock, which is what the naysayers in this country are doing, going by your metaphors here.
    And ur just upset because we don't want to get quite so intimate with her as u and the others do.

Who are you referring to? The majority? The same majority that have voted pro-Europe since the first time the EC was mentioned? Not a bad bunch to be with, I'll admit, given that they're the ones who've brought this country to the prosperity it enjoyed for years.
    She isn't our mother, and we aren't all seeking comfort in your mothers arms.
    You also make assumptions on people's employment status which shows a man/woman of great wisdom and ability to be able to tell such things.

Thanks again.
    As for the EU giving us money to "run our country"...that's news to me. I was under the impression it was a loan...so there's a load of free cash coming our way?..,brilliant.. All is sorted says wolfgangweisen. Good man. When can we expect to see it?

I'm sorry, but unlike, well, some people, I and the rest of the decent people here aren't sitting around waiting for a hand out from Europe or European banks. The same people who retardedly believe that voting no to everything will get our lenders to erase the money we owe them.

Nothing in life is free, child, and the sooner you realise that, the better. Having access to cheap and available credit so we can continue to run the country at an ok level is invaluable, although people such as yourself would love to see that access disappear and the utter chaos it would result in. The funny thing is, you have absolutely no comprehension of what the actions you're apparently in favour of would cause. Yet, you're given a vote...an utter waste of a ballot slip.
    And if I ever heard such a rant out of a cünts this cünts that..fück this and that..Sounds like a John of god escapee. Quick get the benzos!!

And what a beautiful end to your incoherent, ignorant little rant. You've demonstrated no knowledge or appreciation for what the EU and our membership in it has done for this country and will do in the future. You know absolutely nothing about how the economy works or the politics involved. So, don't bother trying to even talk to me about it again.

Biggins wrote: »
    Getting back on main topic, if the man that was angry at Kenny, had put his issues across better, he might have gotten at least a better retort/reply.
    As it was he did his side/argument no advantage and came across as a wally (to say the least) and let others who feel the same way, down for he had an opportunity they might not get.

When I look at in the context that the protester is the chairman of his campaign, I have to agree with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭IrishAm

Nurses actually do a service. They are great.

What has the mayo bollix done? Has he not been receiving the taxpayers coin, since he joined the workforce?

The mayo bollix is a parasite. Nothing more, nothing less.

Oh yes, I forgot. The mayo bollix was a teacher for a year or two. Only recently has he stopped receiving that pension. We were meant to appreciate this gesture, apparently.

Parasite.

How intelligently put. What exactly is the emphasis on him being from Mayo about? Is it some attempt to discredit him? For being from Mayo? Should I even ask?

If he's such a "parasite", then how has he consistently held office as a representative since 1975 and brought a party from almost nothing to being elected into Government. Indeed, a government or more particularly a party and leadership who remain topping the polls, in spite of very tough economic times? Obviously, most people are quite happy with the job he's doing.

So unfortunately for you, it would appear that just because you feel that due to him not being a brick layer or binman or whatever you decide is "real work", does not mean you're right :) In fact, the facts would indicate you're quite wrong.

But hey, if deluding yourself makes you feel better about your own life, and you're not harming anyone with your nonsense, then carry on Mr.IrishAm

...Only recently has he stopped receiving that pension. We were meant to appreciate this gesture, apparently.

Parasite.

He actually didn't stop receiving it in total.
    Its been deferred till after at some point he leaves office.
    FINE GAEL LEADER Enda Kenny has said that he will defer a lump-sum pension payment of €100,000 from his teaching days until after he retires from politics.
    Kenny was a teacher for four years in the 1970s and served as a school principal before his election to Mayo in 1975. Speaking to the Sunday Business Post, a spokesperson for Kenny said that he would not access the pension (which he will be entitled to when he turns 60 this April) until he leaves politics.
    Kenny will be entitled to an annual pension of at least €30,000 on top of the lump-sum payment – as well as his politician’s salary. When he retires from politics, he will be able to access these funds as well as being entitled to a TD’s pension and ministerial pension.

* http://www.thejournal.ie/kenny-says-he-will-defer-e100k-pension-lump-sum-until-he-leaves-politics-2011-02/

* http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056186145

So he gets a massive pension also for not doing the job of teacher.

€100,000 + 30K a year for life.
    Nice for just 4 years of teaching!

• Advertisement

Whatever you think about their politics, compare Enda Kenny with your average Sinn Fein TD and their is one big difference in terms of being a parasite:
    How much is Kenny paid?

Whatever you think about their politics, compare Enda Kenny with your average Sinn Fein TD and their is one big difference in terms of being a parasite:
    How much is Kenny paid?
    The average FG TD gets the same as the average SF TD.

Party leader/taoiseach is not comparable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

It was a stupid comment to make and Kenny shouldn't have replied in kind, in a way it was funny as it shows a human side to him which many of us forget he has! Man makes stupid comment, Kenny replies sarcastically, he'd nearly fit in with AH.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

How much is Kenny paid?

About 200k from about 285k a few years ago. About a 25\% drop in pay.

Party leaders get leader allowances.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    It was a stupid comment to make and Kenny shouldn't have replied in kind, in a way it was funny as it shows a human side to him which many of us forget he has! Man makes stupid comment, Kenny replies sarcastically, he'd nearly fit in with AH.

...To be sure! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 121 ✭✭Bababa

Indeed, Ireland has prospered as part of the EU and will do so once again, as part of the EU. I can start a business today and sell, without barriers, to customers in any country in the EU. I can move anywhere I like without restriction and yet, our government has maintained the freedom to choose its own tax rates on both income and corporations so that not only can we be a part of a common market, but actively compete with other countries in it to attract business. Indeed, the same government that has us paying some of the lowest levels of income tax, paying out the highest levels of welfare and maintaining foreign investment here. But hey, who cares for facts when you can just incoherently rant about things you clearly have no idea of?
    Gave us many more jobs, happiness and joy..like the joy that just flows out of you.

Yes, EU membership has been a huge part of the crazy levels of investment we've seen in Ireland and the job creation that arose from it.

You've a very blinkered view of things, can you only remember the last few years? Is that the problem? You're a child and don't actually remember any of the absolute greatness that being part of the EU has brought the country?
    Ur composure. Ur dignity. Ur understanding of others that don't agree with you. A gentleman and a patriot, that's indeed what you are!!!

Thanks!
    It is not us that is sucking on angelas teat..for it is you.
    Yes, well I'd rather suck on Angela Merkels teat than on Gerry Adam's blood spattered cock, which is what the naysayers in this country are doing, going by your metaphors here.
    And ur just upset because we don't want to get quite so intimate with her as u and the others do.

Who are you referring to? The majority? The same majority that have voted pro-Europe since the first time the EC was mentioned? Not a bad bunch to be with, I'll admit, given that they're the ones who've brought this country to the prosperity it enjoyed for years.
    She isn't our mother, and we aren't all seeking comfort in your mothers arms.

Thanks again.

I'm sorry, but unlike, well, some people, I and the rest of the decent people here aren't sitting around waiting for a hand out from Europe or European banks. The same people who retardedly believe that voting no to everything will get our lenders to erase the money we owe them.

Nothing in life is free, child, and the sooner you realise that, the better. Having access to cheap and available credit so we can continue to run the country at an ok level is invaluable, although people such as yourself would love to see that access disappear and the utter chaos it would result in. The funny thing is, you have absolutely no comprehension of what the actions you're apparently in favour of would cause. Yet, you're given a vote...an utter waste of a ballot slip.

And what a beautiful end to your incoherent, ignorant little rant. You've demonstrated no knowledge or appreciation for what the EU and our membership in it has done for this country and will do in the future. You know absolutely nothing about how the economy works or the politics involved. So, don't bother trying to even talk to me about it again.

Fascinating stuff..Funny thing is..the EU is on the verge of death anyway. China is where the money is...Not the collapsing and incompetent EU.

If anyone(with a brain) is reading ur insults and bile.. and agreeing with u.. They will suffer ur fate also..in time. Considering ur disrespect for the disabled...and anyone that doesn't swallow ur shît. Ur obviously
    in for a big surprise!!

Tá an EU MAIRBH.....SLÁN EU...Go raibh míle maith agat a chara!!!

• Advertisement

China is where the money is...Not the collapsing and incompetent EU.

Wait till China crashes, we'll all see this as the good ould recession!

Wait till China crashes, we'll all see this as the good ould recession!

No, we shall see war.

No more drunken nights spent posting nonsense about chips for me!:mad:

No, we shall see war.

No more drunken nights spent posting nonsense about chips for me!:mad:

You will have had your chips.
    Me too! :(
    Our remaining economy will be battered again also!

How intelligently put. What exactly is the emphasis on him being from Mayo about? Is it some attempt to discredit him? For being from Mayo? Should I even ask?

If he's such a "parasite", then how has he consistently held office as a representative since 1975 and brought a party from almost nothing to being elected into Government. Indeed, a government or more particularly a party and leadership who remain topping the polls, in spite of very tough economic times? Obviously, most people are quite happy with the job he's doing.

So unfortunately for you, it would appear that just because you feel that due to him not being a brick layer or binman or whatever you decide is "real work", does not mean you're right :) In fact, the facts would indicate you're quite wrong.

But hey, if deluding yourself makes you feel better about your own life, and you're not harming anyone with your nonsense, then carry on Mr.IrishAm

I call him the mayo bollix because that is what I refer to him as. He is from mayo and he is a bollix. Glad thats sorted.

Hes been voted into office for the last near 40 years by fellow mayo bollixs. Hicks voting in hicks. Vote Inda, the farmers voice!

My life is great, but thanks for inquiring.

Kenny is still a parasite. Suckling off the hard working taxpayer. Mostly Dubs.

You will have had your chips.
    Me too! :(
    Our remaining economy will be battered again also!

I believe it is called comfort eating. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

I call him the mayo bollix because that is what I refer to him as. He is from mayo and he is a bollix. Glad thats sorted.

Hes been voted into office for the last near 40 years by fellow mayo bollixs. Hicks voting in hicks. Vote Inda, the farmers voice!

My life is great, but thanks for inquiring.

Kenny is still a parasite. Suckling off the hard working taxpayer. Mostly Dubs.

Does it make you feel better about yourself to randomly attack random public figures? Or are you just jealous that an apparent "hick" gets a handy job for 40 years whereas a genius like yourself posts complaining about internships stacking shelves or whatever are blocking jobs. Yeah, Kenny is some bollix alright. Stupid too obviously. Maybe someday I'll be stupid enough to get his job....

yore wrote: »
    Maybe someday I'll be stupid enough to get his job....

Aim high, kid. One day, you too could be king of the mayo hicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

Aim high, kid. One day, you too could be king of the mayo hicks.

We both know who Enda Kenny is. He probably doesn't know either of us. Enda Kenny has far more influence over our lives than we have on his. He's done fairly well for himself for such an "idiot" or whatever else a random politician gets called here.

Did someone from Mayo steal your bird off you at some stage or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

enda kenny is a proper cúnt, plain and simple.

yore wrote: »
    Did someone from Mayo steal your bird off you at some stage or something?

Nope. Just euro.

Like all Dubs.

Off and lecture working class people to work for free on the other thread. Remember, but. That ideology also supported land nationisilation.

Mammy and pa wont be able to subsidise you then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

curlzy wrote: »
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2012/0515/1224316130700.html

Right at the end:

A short time later, chairman of the Athlone Anti-Household and Septic Tank Campaign, Gordon Hudson, advised Mr Kenny to “take the bridge, head west and stay there.”
    “You could do with a day’s work, I’d say,” Mr Kenny replied. Mr Hudson said he had been self-employed for 29 years but had to “pack it in because of ye”.

So what do you all think of that?

The cheek! He should resign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

You really don't need to scratch very deep for the inherent nastiness of his Blueshirt values to pop to the surface, do you?:rolleyes:

In a country with 14% unemployment - and the vast majority of them are jobless through no fault of their own - and with thousands heading abroad to find the job that their country denies them, it is the mark of a true dirty gurrier to mock anyone who is jobless and imply that the person in question is a lazy burden on society. That kind of talk is what you hear from a loutish bullying pub bore, not someone who is in charge of a whole country and has to represent us abroad as well.:D

Kenny has now revealed himself to be no better than the worst of the gut-gouging Fianna Fail politicians that blighted this country before he and his crowd took over to do the same - or worse.:eek:

He must remember that he is a servant of the people - with whom sovereign power ultimately resides - and he should be prepared to at least listen to feedback and criticism from them.

He is a disgrace to democracy.:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    It's awful pathetic to see people blaming Fine Gael and Labour. The same people probably voted Fianna Fáil all along and got sick of them. Who next? The terrorists Sinn Féin who have no sound economic policies whatsoever?
    It's hard to imagine they could do worse than "go 100 billion extra into debt and hand over the ruling of Ireland to Germany." What qualifies as a bad policy in comparison to this I 'd love to know.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

So if he told a single mother to "cross her legs next time" or someone on disability to "man up" sure we could just put that down to him being human.
    It's not hard to spot party affiliations around here, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Ellis Dee wrote: »
    You really don't need to scratch very deep for the inherent nastiness of his Blueshirt values to pop to the surface, do you?:rolleyes:

In a country with 14% unemployment - and the vast majority of them are jobless through no fault of their own - and with thousands heading abroad to find the job that their country denies them, it is the mark of a true dirty gurrier to mock anyone who is jobless and imply that the person in question is a lazy burden on society. That kind of talk is what you hear from a loutish bullying pub bore, not someone who is in charge of a whole country and has to represent us abroad as well.:D

Kenny has now revealed himself to be no better than the worst of the gut-gouging Fianna Fail politicians that blighted this country before he and his crowd took over to do the same - or worse.:eek:

He must remember that he is a servant of the people - with whom sovereign power ultimately resides - and he should be prepared to at least listen to feedback and criticism from them.

I 100% agree.

Kenny strikes me as merely a talking puppet and a liability. He doesn't appear to be a bright man. Rather, he often seems totally put of his depth and if you were to strip away his advisors, I wonder what more stupid and ignorant comments would fall from his mouth.

• Advertisement

Fascinating stuff..

What? The facts? Yes, they are. Indeed, to someone such as yourself, facts are so foreign that they can only be fascinating.
    Funny thing is..the EU is on the verge of death anyway.

Oh look, another unfounded, politically and economically ignorant statement. Kid, you're best off not commenting on things you clearly have absolutely no idea about. You only look like an arse to anyone with a brain, although your fellow anti-government ranters are most likely impressed considering they, like you, haven't an original or valid point to make between them.
    China is where the money is...Not the collapsing and incompetent EU.

Ah, more bullshít. China is where the money is, is it? Do you know why this is? And if you do, you think we should be modeling ourselves on that?

China is an absolute abomination and the mere fact that you'd try to bring them up in a positive light highlights the same thing that I've maintained all along - that you haven't even the smallest bit of economical or political knowledge not only pertaining to our current situation as a country, but also our history as an economy.

So why is it that you feel the need to comment on something you've clearly no idea about? Does it make you feel smart to make shallow, unfounded statements over and over again? Do you think that if you believe your own bullshít enough, that it'll come true? No, my dear, it won't. Yourself and Gerry Adams haven't a positive contribution to make, you've the freedom to do so but like Adams, you're just making yourself look like an uneducated arsehole every time you open your mouth.
    If anyone(with a brain) is reading ur insults
    Well, that's you out of the picture so.
    and bile.. and agreeing with u..
    Well, you see, I happen to read a lot about the economy, the markets and politics both here and in the EU and form my own opinions based on it. The wonder of using all the information available, eh? I know, you know, reading and learning things is clearly a foreign concept to someone who tries to put China next to the EU and say China is a role model, but you really ought to give it a try some time.

Bile? Please. If you had the any knowledge on the above mentioned things you would realise that if anyone is spouting "bile", it is you and your anti-government, anti-EU, anti-progress bullshíte that has absolutely not one iota of actual knowledge or fact to back it up. Indeed, you tried to bring "patriotism" into the argument which was great - it merely served as further proof that you've no real argument to make.
    They will suffer ur fate also..in time. Considering ur disrespect for the disabled...and anyone that doesn't swallow ur shît. Ur obviously
    in for a big surprise!!

My fate? You mean, doing well for themselves? Compared to what, you? The uneducated nationalist who is spending their time commenting on things you've no knowledge about?

Well, thankfully you and your ilk, well, we know your fate. A quick look at the losers who turn out to SF, ULA, SWP, Eirigi and others shows where you lot are headed - ****ty jobs, unemployment and next to no contribution to the economy that you're so keen to comment on.

Tá an EU MAIRBH.....SLÁN EU...Go raibh míle maith agat a chara!!!
    RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Uneducated, nationalist bullshít. Delude yourself all you like, you're in the minority and you've nothing to contribute to ... well ... anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Enda could do with a P45.

Enda Kenny - Voted in only because he is not Brian Cowen, tolerated for now, few redeeming qualities, no aptitude for anything except sitting on the wrong side of the Dail for 50 years, even Fine Gael tried to fire him out only months before he 'hobsons choiced' his way into power.......

- I wonder how long it will take him to totally get lost in his new found power and go a step further in forgetting about the common folk - shouting 'let them eat cake!' etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭sunflower27

Raiser wrote: »
    Enda Kenny - Voted in only because he is not Brian Cowen, tolerated for now, few redeeming qualities, no aptitude for anything except sitting on the wrong side of the Dail for 50 years, even Fine Gael tried to fire him out only months before he 'hobsons choiced' his way into power.......

- I wonder how long it will take him to totally get lost in his new found power and go a step further in forgetting about the common folk - shouting 'let them eat cake!' etc.

Well said. Sounds like it has all gone to his head. Foolish man... he won't last, although at the helm of a sinking ship he feels untouchable.

He will fall. :)

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    So if he told a single mother to "cross her legs next time" or someone on disability to "man up" sure we could just put that down to him being human.

He was correct in his assumption, but as I said, dumb comment to make.
    It's not hard to spot party affiliations around here, is it?

East to make assumptions around here, you'd be wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

You talk a lot about facts. You should be aware of the facts also. Polls would indicate that "most" people are not happy with Enda's performance and even less are satisfied with the performance of the government he leads. The current government satisfaction rating is 23%, so more than 3/4 of citizens are not satisfied.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0419/breaking47.html

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Ellis Dee wrote: »

While giving a Cromwellian ultimatum to the democratically elected leader of our government is....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭AudreyHepburn

All I'll say in after that article and the typical high horse responses to it is this;

If you decide to get in my face and insult me and get smart with me then you'll get back as good as you gave. Why should EK be any different? Why should we expect him to put up with abused and insulted?

I fully understand that people are angry and they certainly have a right to be. I just wish they'd direct their anger where it is warrented...at FF who put us in this mess and not FG who now have to try and dig us out of it.

And despite what the whingers might like to think there ARE jobs out there if people actually put some effort into looking.

I was unemployed for six months but never gave up trying and didn't stick within my own field, which I think is the biggest mistake you can make.

And now I have a job I love, nothing to do with my degree but it pays well and I enjoy it.

Perhaps instead of the constant whinging and protesting its time to get proactive when it comes to jobs. Work doesn't just get handed to you, you have to put the effort in and look for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

How exactly was Enda Kenny supposed to respond to that? Well, he shouldn't have really, just told the man he's entitled to his opinion.

Stupid statement followed by ill advised retort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

All I'll say in after that article and the typical high horse responses to it is this;

If you decide to get in my face and insult me and get smart with me then you'll get back as good as you gave. Why should EK be any different? Why should we expect him to put up with abused and insulted?

I fully understand that people are angry and they certainly have a right to be. I just wish they'd direct their anger where it is warrented...at FF who put us in this mess and not FG who now have to try and dig us out of it.

And despite what the whingers might like to think there ARE jobs out there if people actually put some effort into looking.

I was unemployed for six months but never gave up trying and didn't stick within my own field, which I think is the biggest mistake you can make.

And now I have a job I love, nothing to do with my degree but it pays well and I enjoy it.

Perhaps instead of the constant whinging and protesting its time to get proactive when it comes to jobs. Work doesn't just get handed to you, you have to put the effort in and look for it.

Jeez your like a broken record, "Enda is great, stop whingeing"

Enda can "stand up" to unemployed Irish citizens but cant stand up to the rich and powerful who have this country over a barrel.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dead Kennedys

Ah, more bullshít. China is where the money is, is it? Do you know why this is? And if you do, you think we should be modeling ourselves on that?

If anyone is pushing China as a model it's the current political class in Europe, 'stop moaning and work harder' , 'you could do with a days work' for less and less while our political elite swan around from one photo op to the next not producing the climate to attract investment. Enda you should do a days work in the job for which you were elected and stop trying to be Merkels star pupil.

The average FG TD gets the same as the average SF TD.

Party leader/taoiseach is not comparable.

The basic salary for a TD is €92,672, before expenses and other allowances.
    Sinn Fein TDs take the average industrial wage plus expenses.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭blowtorch

Raiser wrote: »

Was lost in his new found power long before he came into power - once he realized that FF were going to be wiped out at the last election. Bog-trotter and coward.

Apart from 'let them eat cake', I had a quick view of the menu that he will be given at the next EU summit. The main course he will be fed - is Smoked Merkelel and Hollandaise Sauce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

The basic salary for a TD is €92,672, before expenses and other allowances. Sinn Fein TDs take the average industrial wage plus expenses.

They both get paid the same. The SF TD's then allegedly pool the balance of their TD salary into the party coffers. Plus expenses is right..

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/sinn-fein-make-heavy-use-of-state-sponsored-toners-3034611.html

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Dead Kennedys

prinz wrote: »
    They both get paid the same. The SF TD's then allegedly pool the balance of their TD salary into the party coffers. Plus expenses is right..

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/sinn-fein-make-heavy-use-of-state-sponsored-toners-3034611.html

Damn right..

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0125/callelyi.html

prinz wrote: »

Kinda ironic that the government is giving out about toner expenses when Department of the Taoiseach, who actually spent more than Sinn Fein on the same thing!

They spent only €35,027 on ink cartridges for ONE year – yet they gave out a stink because SF spent €50,000 over two years!

Their other expenses, you can read here - and this is for one year alone!

• Advertisement

Kinda ironic that the government is giving out about toner expenses when Department of the Taoiseach, who actually spent more than Sinn Fein on the same thing!

They spent only €35,027 on ink cartridges for ONE year – yet they gave out a stink because SF spent €50,000 over two years!

Their other expenses, you can read here - and this is for one year alone!

You're comparing the ink usage of a Department to one SF TD.

You're comparing the ink usage of a Department to one SF TD.

All true but the point is that both are guilty spending daft money.
    Both are as guilty and should be looking at ways to cut this amount down.
    Its daft money being lost in both cases.

All true but the point is that both are guilty spending daft money.
    Both are as guilty and should be looking at ways to cut this amount down.
    Its daft money being lost in both cases.

35K for a Government department doesn't seem unreasonable, why do you think both cases are wasteful?

One seems pretty reasonable unless you have some reason to think it isn't. The other seems ridiculous and indeed comparing them makes it look even more so. There is no defending the SF TD and I don't understand the need for whataboutery in this case, seen that when the story broke as well.

Even if he was selling the cartridges on Ebay he was making less money than any other TD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Even if he was selling the cartridges on Ebay he was making less money than any other TD!

No he wasn't. He gets paid the exact same as every other TD.

• Advertisement
Advertisement