Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three - end of contract ?

Options
  • 15-05-2012 1:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I am relocating (with my current work) in about a month to relocate to Australia. I have a contract with Three for 18 months (which is not finished yet) so I contacted customer service and they mentionned that I still owe them more than 450 EUR.
    Is there any way to reduce this amount ? It seems to be excessive to me especially as I am leaving the country and will not use this credit at all.
    Furthermore, is there any way to make sure that my phone is not locked ? So that I can actually use it with other mobile companies ?
    Thanks for your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

l.g wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am relocating (with my current work) in about a month to relocate to Australia. I have a contract with Three for 18 months (which is not finished yet) so I contacted customer service and they mentionned that I still owe them more than 450 EUR.
    Is there any way to reduce this amount ? It seems to be excessive to me especially as I am leaving the country and will not use this credit at all.
    Furthermore, is there any way to make sure that my phone is not locked ? So that I can actually use it with other mobile companies ?
    Thanks for your help

Well you did sign an agreement with them to stay for 18 months on a certain tarrif. So weather your going to use it or not, its not their fault.

You do know you can use your phone in Australia with three like home service?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 l.g

Thanks for your reply !
    I was actually asking because I'm not irish and in the country that I come from, you can actually cancel your contract based on the fact you are leaving the country for work reasons. I thought there may be something similar here or at least that you did not have to pay the full amount.
    Do you know if it is possible to transfer the contract over to Australia ?
    Thanks for your help anyway !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

l.g wrote: »
    Thanks for your reply !
    I was actually asking because I'm not irish and in the country that I come from, you can actually cancel your contract based on the fact you are leaving the country for work reasons. I thought there may be something similar here or at least that you did not have to pay the full amount.
    Do you know if it is possible to transfer the contract over to Australia ?
    Thanks for your help anyway !

Oops sorry looks like Australia has been taken of the list.

No there's no such things as cancelling because your leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 l.g

Oh okay well too bad then ! Thanks for your help :)

Advertisement