Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Myths about Wimmin!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm an Ivf mom and I have had terrible pnd, part of the reason I feel so guilty as I posted earlier. Yes its wonderful to have him but the journey to have him has been a rollercoaster and I guess now I am just finally having time to breathe and its all getting on top of me, all the worry and stress etc. Just because its been a harder road to have our kids doesn't make us immune for the bad stuff. Its not all a disney movie.
    Is it ever? Sleepless nights and exhaustion hardly bring out the best in any of us! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Katgurl wrote: »
    Yeah that's not really exclusive to women though, I think that's just when a condition gets diagnosed, the whole world starts diagnosing ie.

I have a tidy room therefore I am OCD.
    She is disciplined with her diet... anorekky-no-brekkie
    Hyper child probably due to too much chocolate - ADD
    Pi$$ed off its winter time and no hols to look forward to - definitely suffers from SAD

Well, that's getting stolen anyhow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,178 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I've worked in 4 different jobs over 13 years. All of which were dominated by women. My current company hires 90% women! I'm not sure if because it's so dominated by women, that I see their flaws more and have more difficulty with them or is just that the men tend to be more sane because there's less of them thus less chance of the crazy.

I hate when the women whisper about somebody in the next cubicle. It happens so much! Or just even whisper something they don't want others to hear. Just saved it for later or text it or something, it's really rude and I've only experienced women doing this so far.

In all jobs the girls would be friendly to most people but would pick 1 or 2 men or women that they refuse to acknowledge. I have yet to experience men doing this. Boys may have done this in secondary school but never experienced men doing it in a work place.

In all jobs there were girls who would constantly go into the bosses office to vent. Which is fine but when it happens so often, that's time they aren't working.

Don't even get me started about the one lady who went on maternity leave for 11 months, came back and went again 3 weeks later. Or all the women who after having their kids go on 3 day weeks in a job which has 10 day deadlines. So they impact on the teams final numbers but they can't be sacked or there'd be holy hell to pay.

Two of the best people I've worked with were women. So it's not all women that play these games but I've run into this so much so far in my life. I keep an open mind, give people chances and let them disappoint me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Yeah that's not really exclusive to women though, I think that's just when a condition gets diagnosed, the whole world starts diagnosing ie.

I have a tidy room therefore I am OCD.
    She is disciplined with her diet... anorekky-no-brekkie
    Hyper child probably due to too much chocolate - ADD
    Pi$$ed off its winter time and no hols to look forward to - definitely suffers from SAD

I have add - I am not, nor have I ever been hyper.
    My son has adhd - he is hyper as hell.
    The 'h' stands for hyper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I have add - I am not, nor have I ever been hyper.
    My son has adhd - he is hyper as hell.
    The 'h' stands for hyper.

Oh no believe me I'm not sayign these conditions aren't real, I KNOW they are real. I'm saying people mis-diagnosing all around them based on pretty standard human behaviour is ridiculous and totally belittles people living with the conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

Oh no believe me I'm not sayign these conditions aren't real, I KNOW they are real. I'm saying people mis-diagnosing all around them based on pretty standard human behaviour is ridiculous and totally belittles people living with the conditions.

I know what you're saying and I completely agree.
    I'm just saying that the h stands for hyper, so your sentence should have read "Hyper child probably due to too much chocolate - ADHD" - I'm just being pedantic really! Just ignore me!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Women need an emotional connection to enjoy sex.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭Feeona

Does anyone get pissed off if a guy gets into a fight, who then puts it down to his high levels of testosterone? Or sleeps around leaving a trail of unwanted children because of his 'natural urges'?

According to this thread, you would think that women are the devil incarnate when it comes to hormones while men are shining examples of humanity!

Pffffft!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

Feeona wrote: »
    men are shining examples of humanity!

i love taking quotes out of context!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,270 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Does anyone get pissed off if a guy gets into a fight, who then puts it down to his high levels of testosterone? Or sleeps around leaving a trail of unwanted children because of his 'natural urges'?
    I've honestly never heard either of those excuses used... what kind of cretins are you spending time around? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Women are tidier/cleaner than men.

...suprisingly, no. They tend to be more picky about the way they look after themselves, but this doesn't translate to a clean kitchen. Some do tend to 'house pride mania' of which tidiness and cleanliness are a side-effect. You won't enjoy it though, as 95% of the house will be off-limits.

FatherLen wrote: »
    i love taking quotes out of context!
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

According to this thread, you would think that women are the devil incarnate when it comes to hormones while men are shining examples of humanity!

Pffffft!

While I'm not much of a fighter, men can be just as bitchy as women, so I always find it a bit rich when a minority of men* ascribe bitchiness solely to women and put it down to hormones.

I also like chocolate and making sammiches, and though I didn't like The Notebook, it was much better than I expected it to be.

*PM me and I'll dish about who! ;)

Sleepy wrote: »
    I've honestly never heard either of those excuses used... what kind of cretins are you spending time around? :eek:

These excuses for men's behaviour have often been thrown about in After Hours. Luckily I don't hang around with cretins in real life!

While I'm not much of a fighter, men can be just as bitchy as women, so I always find it a bit rich when a minority of men* ascribe bitchiness solely to women and put it down to hormones.

*PM me and I'll dish about who! ;)

Yeah talk about double standards!

*PM sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭yupya1

These excuses for men's behaviour have often been thrown about in After Hours. Luckily I don't hang around with cretins in real life!

:DI wouldnt be using comments on AH threads as a gage of mens or anybodies opinions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Dudess wrote: »
    Magnet to knuckledraggers #3,672

Every know and again, we need a thread thats an excuse to drag the lad out of the hole in the y-fronts and give it a good oul "wield" at the screen. We get grumpy if we're too long without.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Nodin wrote: »
    Every know and again, we need a thread thats an excuse to drag the lad out of the hole in the y-fronts and give it a good oul "wield" at the screen. We get grumpy if we're too long without.

Jeesus! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

FatherLen wrote: »
    their periods attract bears

They sure do :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Katgurl

I know what you're saying and I completely agree.
    I'm just saying that the h stands for hyper, so your sentence should have read "Hyper child probably due to too much chocolate - ADHD" - I'm just being pedantic really! Just ignore me!! :)

Don't worry, you clearly suffer from asbergers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I think it's unfair to be discussing women like this.

We should wait until they are able to use the internet so they can come on here and give us their viewpoint (provided they aren't doing the housework)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Some times I find myself crying uncontrollably over absolutely nothing, and I don't mean insignificant things, but really for no reason. It took me quite a while to realise that this was a regular thing, and then I figured out it was always the day before my period started. So I'm another female poster arguing with the 'using it as an excuse to go crazy' point of view. I know / have known some people who use things about themselves as an excuse, but you have to be aware that you do it in the first place!

Also, I love chocolate, eat it every single day.
    I've never seen the Notebook, and haven't watched a 'romcom' in years.

And, sure I may as well... I don't want children, or to get married.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Wompa1 wrote: »
    I've worked in 4 different jobs over 13 years. All of which were dominated by women. My current company hires 90% women! I'm not sure if because it's so dominated by women...

I'm fairly convinced that it is the gender imbalance that causes bitchiness actually...I've worked in a field that is dominated by men for the last 10 years and they can be INCREDIBLY bitchy to each other, whereas the women get on grand. Prior to that I worked in more mixed environments and you didn't get the same carry on happening.

Advertisement