Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

purchased vehicle without warranty ?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭mdebets

One more thing I forgot.
    Your description of your court date sounds a little bit, like you resent the judge and think that he has taken the side of the garage and robbed you of your victory.
    Don't show that in any way at any further court case, as this (at least going by your description) isn't the case. He was just making sure that it was fair for both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

mdebets wrote: »
    One more thing I forgot.
    Your description of your court date sounds a little bit, like you resent the judge and think that he has taken the side of the garage and robbed you of your victory.
    Don't show that in any way at any further court case, as this (at least going by your description) isn't the case. He was just making sure that it was fair for both sides.

Thanks for the advice ..... i did give the garage a time to get back to me regarding resolving the issue , unfortunatly they didnt want to resolve it .... i sent them a email , then a letter and then followed up with 2 phone calls , i then decided to take it to the SMC ....

Hello all .

Well i had my case heard again on the 15th of April , I got the original judge who looked at the case last June , I've been back to court 4/5 times since , i've brought my witness on each occasion , and finally last week judgement was made in my favour to cover the costs the of the repairs.... its taken almost 12months to resolve but i finally got the result i was looking for .... just to point out that judgment was made in my favour as the defendents didnt show up on the day..... the judge said she will issue a motion of decree ???? and cancelled the counter claim.

Thanks to everyone on boards.ie for their help and advice . If you are involved in a similiar case , sit tight and keep calm , as the judge told me they are there to help the consumer , and im my case could see the dodgy car dealers for what they really are ...... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Don't want to rain on your parade but I would keep the celebrations on ice until you have the money in hand.

RoboRat wrote: »
    Don't want to rain on your parade but I would keep the celebrations on ice until you have the money in hand.

noted ! thanks ....im just glad that its over and that there counter claim was droped .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

will the op get his money? from experience it looks like an uphill experience from here.

I just learned in the last couple of hours that the garage closed down and are now operating under a new name. That's prob why they didn't show up in court.

They were called <SNIP> now they are called <SNIP>? This is a losing battle me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

This is a losing battle me thinks

Unfortunately yes, I very much doubt that you will ever see the money hence why I said to keep the celebrations on ice. Getting a court order is one thing, getting the money is another.

My father and brother are both mechanics and I was told to steer clear of car sales in that area, too many shady characters etc.

Just treat it as a lesson learnt and realise that it could have been a LOT worse. A friend of mine bought a car only for said car to be taken away as it turned out it was stolen. The car was originally a present for a some blokes daughter so he hadn't insured it (only had it in his drive that night). When it turned back up he was rightfully entitled to take it back and she had to buy it back off him. He was quite decent and gave it for much less than the market value but she still lost a few grand that she didn't have. Lets not forget the amount of cut and shuts out there too. Chalk it down and move on, you will only get yourself upset thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

unless they were a LLC there may still be a way to get that money IMO

Advertisement