Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boy, 10, with 'elephant legs' fights for his life

• 15-05-2012 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4317802/Vincent-Oketch-10-with-elephant-legs-fights-for-his-life.html
    A BOY of ten is fighting for his life after his legs swelled to "elephant size" — but no one knows how to treat him.

Vincent Oketch, ten, is thought to have a lymphatic problem that caused the swelling to grow over time.

He is also believed to suffer from elephantitis and tissue deformity while the swelling has left him with a dislocated hip and broken ankles.

But tests suggest he also has necrotising fasciitis — which could lead to his legs being amputated to save his life.

The conflicting diagnosis mean doctors in Kampala, Uganda, are confused as to how to treat the lad.

Now medic Isaac Osire, who runs an organisation called EDYAC that helps children from poor villages get medical treatment, is appealing to British experts for help to save the boy, from rural Peta.

He said: “We desperately need a British doctor, or foreign medical expert, who can offer advice about Vincent’s case.

“The case is extremely complex and we’d like to find out if there is anything that can be done to save his legs.”

Picture contained in the link. horrible disease, it reminds me of the tree man.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

edit: the prince of nigeria should pay for his treatment... after all he did get a big inheritence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

the discovery channel are gonna be all over this, the sick fcukers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

davet82 wrote: »
    the discovery channel are gonna be all over this, the sick fcukers

i dont mind them make a tv show out of it provided they pay for the kid's treatment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i dont mind them make a tv show out of it provided they pay for the kid's treatment

i stand corrected... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Looks like a seriously bad case of lymphoedema. Hopefully someone from the UK or elsewhere can do something for him as a result of the publicity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Born to Die

Poor kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

It's in Uganda

DAMN YOU JOSEPH KONY!!!!!!!!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

There's a zing and a pun here, but I'll be damned if I can think of one.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Stiffler2 wrote: »
    There's a zing and a pun here, but I'll be damned if I can think of one.....

Looking for a pun for a bad situation?

T(u)sk t(u)sk t(u)sk

• Advertisement
Advertisement