Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Alarm system

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

KoolKid wrote: »
    Yes I opened the PiR , Thats a silly statement really. It had to be opened to get it off the wall. If it was a new one it would have to be opened to power it up anyway.
    The fact remains the PiR didn't activate as I left . I came back in a minute & a half later & it did.
    The last thread with the five minutes was only March, mabe by summer you'll say different again.

So your still arguing, when your wrong your wrong.
    And people do think it is me arguing all the time.

The fact of the mater is you had the PIR in walk test as you openly admit when you opened it to enable the LED :eek:
    The PIR needs to settle before you can test it correctly. If this is the way your testing them then you need TO give Andy a ring. He will confirm the two minutes.

When you come back in the PIR opens, the alarm indicates this. The PIR when you take it back down should be in power save mode as you have claimed. I agree.
    That is how the powersave feature works. If you are in a room for 2 hours the PiR will stay asleep for that time. You not going to save much if it sleeps for 90 seconds & then keeps transmitting constantly for the next 119 minutes. :confused::confused:

Why is the LED lighting if it is in sleep mode?

Why didn't Altors activate for two mins and why did yours activate at 1.45?????

If he had walked straight in after the timer had counted down it would of activated. The walk test was still active on the PIR.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

So you are just going to keep picking as usual.
    I could make silly claims all day long also but I didn't realise CSI would've been examining this. If the PiRs were off you would have probably come up with some other conspiracy theory that maybe the PIR was disabled and I was activating something else.
    Likewise if I was like you I be thinking maybe someone could have walked into the room afteryou left. But I didn't, I just said it was interesting and maybe other factors were at play. Again why didn't the PIR activate as I left?
    This could go on and on and some people just never believe.
    I am just happy you're not making the outlandish statements you were a few months ago.
    I suppose the other point re the manual means I must have had another one printed.
    Anyway I am happy to have 2 videos and let people see. Either way they both prove the ridiculous claims in the last thread wrong.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

altor wrote: »
    If he had walked straight in after the timer had counted down it would of activated. The walk test was still active on the PIR.

What timer???
    The panel was on zone monitor??

How would I set up walk test not to pick me up on leaving?
    Yet a minute and a half later it does.

So you are just going to keep picking as usual.
    I could make silly claims all day long also but I didn't realise CSI would've been examining this. If the PiRs were off you would have probably come up with some other conspiracy theory that maybe the PIR was disabled and I was activating something else.
    Likewise if I was like you I be thinking maybe someone could have walked into the room afteryou left. But I didn't, I just said it was interesting and maybe other factors were at play. Again why didn't the PIR activate as I left?
    This could go on and on and some people just never believe.
    I am just happy you're not making the outlandish statements you were a few months ago.
    I suppose the other point re the manual means I must have had another one printed.
    Anyway I am happy to have 2 videos and let people see. Either way they both prove the ridiculous claims in the last thread wrong.

CSI is a great program, must be where I get it from.

Funny enough when you are showing us you putting the sensor on test the light comes on but does not activate the alarm. What is going on there?????

I am just pointing out things that people should be aware of when watching your video. They would not be installers of this system so how would they know any different.

If you have any issues with the way my setup was performed please feel free to let us know.

• Advertisement

What timer???
    The panel was on zone monitor??

How would I set up walk test not to pick me up on leaving?
    Yet a minute and a half later it does.

Yea, forgot you did not arm the system like I did. You just used walk test.
    Actually you used a different system than the powermax complete system.
    I am not blaming the system as it is the sensor that the sleep time is on that we where comparing too.

As the device is one way it wouldn't even know what system its reporting to or what mode the system is in.
    All I'm curious about is how I can walk out of the room if its on walk test.

And with the LED lighting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

What frequency are the sensors working on? Maybe my little trick was used!! hahaha

What frequency are the sensors working on? Maybe my little trick was used!! hahaha

• Advertisement

I think it works also on one way 868 devices also....... Would seem logical that it would.. I hope it doesn't tho

The LED was enabled so it picked me up . It wouldn't transmit as its in sleep mode.

The LED was enabled so it picked me up . It wouldn't transmit as its in sleep mode.
    ????????? Aren't they suppose to sleep in sleep mode?? . Feel free to correct me .. Doesn't the led mean its active and transmitting ?

If the sensor was in sleep mode then the LED would not come on.

Short of getting CSI in to investigate this Altor is alway going to argue. His history speaks for itself. Only a few months ago he was arguing in his usual manner that the sleep time was 3 to 5 minutes . Now he posts a video proving himself wrong as well .
    Then he also argued home delay wasn't an option on Powermax. I had to go and post a manual there for him as well. Now we are down from 3 minutes to 30 seconds in the difference and he still is arguing. I have looked at his video and I accept there may be other factors involved . I have not picked it apart technically.
    The LED was enabled for the video. If it was off Altor would have argued something else.
    He still has not answered how I walked out of the room without it activating if it was on walktest as he claims.

I see you are editing my posts now :o
    What is that in aid of :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

I see you're getting more and more desperate to avoid answering the questions .
    Digging up an edit where I corrected a spelling by 1 letter. Should note , It was my quote I edited.. :eek::D

Digging up an edit where I corrected a spelling by 1 letter. Should note , It was my quote I edited.. :eek::D

It was you who linked to the thread ;)

Fair play to you anyway, you edited the quote in my post but never thought about doing the same to the original, well done :rolleyes:

Short of getting CSI in to investigate this Altor is alway going to argue. His history speaks for itself.

If I want to question or argue a post I can. Attack the post not the poster;)

I know what happens if I avoid a question, even though we are talking about your video that is flawed in my honest opinion.
    I would not class it as clarification as you say at the end :o

I will answer and give everyone a better understanding of how the PIR detector works on the Visonic system.

The PIR was in test mode.

Once the detector was opened to enable the LED it went into its test mode cycle.
    The detector will stay in its test mode cycle once you keep moving in front of the detector.
    The PIR needs 10 minutes with no movement to come out of the test cycle or settle as it is better known.

As you can see in your video when you put the sensor on test and then walked out, the PIR LED was on and did not even activate the test. With all the movement of you moving around in the detector view as you have pointed out yourself the detector should of went into power saver mode. The reason it did not is the detector was still in test mode. Meaning the detector was open when you where walking out. When you walked backed back in the keypad beeped as the detector opened again. Now the funny thing here is when you took down the PIR with the LED still lighting and there was no response from the keypad until you opened the the tamper on the detector even though once the PIR LED is on the PIR zone should open:confused:

As I said , your posting history speaks for its self, that is not attacking the poster. If you feel there's a problem with a post use the report post function. You know where that is.

So lets recap shall we:
    A while back you claimed PiR sleep time was 3-5 minutes .
    In the Powermax one way wireless systems when the system is set the wireless devices may still be asleep for up to 3-5minutes.
    I post up a video showing it working at 1 & half minutes & then you post up one showing it working at 2 minutes.
    Saying I'm wrong & proving yourself wrong as well :confused:
    I reply without attacking or dissecting you video that its interesting and there may be other factors involved. Something I thought you would agree with considering you stated.
    I am not exaggerating or scaremongering. I have said 3-5 minutes, it can vary.
    So its OK for you to say it can vary , but I agree there may be some reason why it does & you accuse me.
    You then suggested I had only enrolled the device , even though the zone name & zone type was already set. On Siemens these can only be set after enrolling.
    After that it was the system was on walk test & that's why is worked when I walked back in, but the walk test didn't work as I left?
    Then came
    Meaning the detector was open when you where walking out.
    The video shows it closed
    As I said I am not going to come on making silly claims & crazy possibilities. If you wan't those sort of posts you should check out here

I am happy you have corrected yourself with your 3-5 minutes bit. That was OTT in my opinion.
    I am glad you agree that these times can vary, and I have already stated I agree with that possibility.
    So I say 90 seconds, you say 2 minutes we both say it may vary & yet your still going on over 30 seconds??

• Advertisement

You are missing the point here.
    Your test of 90 seconds is wrong. A end user is not going to open each PIR on there system just so it does not go asleep.
    The spec that comes with the detectors also states this.
    30 seconds is a long time in a robbery.
    That said if an intruder was to be in front of the PIR for longer it would be more than that.

I said I opened the PiR to take it off the wall & enabled the PiR.
    That was long before the video.
    Are you now retracting your claim that I only enrolled it & replacing it with this new claim?:confused:
    They just keep coming.
    Still I have not picked holes in your video.
    My video shows the PiR opening then closing before I walk out. It does not open again as I walk out. Why is that?
    But it does activate 90 seconds later .
    Are you saying, not only did I have it on walk test, but walk test has a sleep mode & that sleep mode is 90 seconds not 2 minutes?
    You really have a knack of complicating the simplest of questions.
    30 seconds is a long time in a robbery,I agree. But that's only relevant if your broken into within a minute (or maybe a minute & a half:rolleyes:)of setting your alarm. Have you ever come across this happening? or is this just more scaremongering like your 3 to 5 minutes .?

I said I opened the PiR to take it off the wall & enabled the PiR.

Enrolled, If they are enrolled by the tamper they need to be opened.
    Enable the LED, To enable the LED you would have to open the sensor to move the link.

Either way once the sensor is opened it puts the PIR into its walk test.
    That was long before the video.

How long, you have not stated this?
    You have stated that the sensor will go into sleep mode (power save)
    Your sensor did not. That is why I say it is still in its walk test cycle.

I had to enroll the sensors on my video.
    I left them till they came out of there 10 minute test Cycle or settling time as it is known.
    Are you now retracting your claim that I only enrolled it & replacing it with this new claim?:confused:

Enrolled, enabled the LED is opening the PIR, thus putting the PIR in its 10 minute walk test.
    They just keep coming.
    Still I have not picked holes in your video.

If you feel my showing of the PIR sleep mode has any issues please feel free.
    If you note I have the LEDs enabled as I have shown just at the start of the video.
    Here it is again for you to have a look at:

My video shows the PiR opening then closing before I walk out. It does not open again as I walk out. Why is that?
    But it does activate 90 seconds later .
    Are you saying, not only did I have it on walk test, but walk test has a sleep mode & that sleep mode is 90 seconds not 2 minutes?

To be honest we did not see much of the PIR. If we had then we may of know if it went asleep or not, as you can see in my video the sensors where clearly asleep as the LED did not come on. As it did not go asleep with all the movement in front of it then I have to say it was still in its walk test.
    There are so many ifs and buts to do with your video.
    I cannot take it seriously.
    You really have a knack of complicating the simplest of questions.
    30 seconds is a long time in a robbery,I agree. But that's only relevant if your broken into within a minute (or maybe a minute & a half:rolleyes:)of setting your alarm. Have you ever come across this happening? or is this just more scaremongering like your 3 to 5 minutes .?

I am not scaremongering. I have seen PIRs with a sleep mode ranging from 0 -5 minutes.

Two way systems we know have instant arm.
    Visonic 2 minutes.
    Crow 2 minutes
    Signet 2 minutes
    Wisdom 2 minutes 30 seconds.
    Aritech 2 minutes 45 seconds.
    CQR up to 5 minutes.

I have not had the chance to test them on a SPC but since the sensors you have are made by Visonic I will go by the manufacturer spec and my video of testing the Visonic sensors.

Enrolled, If they are enrolled by the tamper they need to be opened.
    You accused me originally of only having enrolled the device.
    You then changed it to walk test.
    You have made numerous different accusations, which one is it now.
    To enable the LED you would have to open the sensor to move the link.

I have said this was done, it's obvious this was done, what's your point?

So again , the same question (as usual)
    If it was in walk test why did it open & close & not open again ?
    Are you suggesting there is a sleep mode for walk test now?

So we have one of two things. I showed the PiR activate & then stop activating as I walked out.
    I have already said the LED was enabled yet you keep going on about it.
    If it was in walk test as you keep claiming then it must sleep in walk test for me to be able to leave with out it activating. You earlier claimed the PiR remained open but yet the video slows it closed???
    Which is it now?
    I am not scaremongering. I have seen PIRs with a sleep mode ranging from 0 -5 minutes.
    Then why are you arguing about 90 seconds to 2 minutes???:eek::confused::confused:
    Two way systems we know have instant arm.
    Visonic 2 minutes.
    Crow 2 minutes
    Signet 2 minutes
    Wisdom 2 minutes 30 seconds.
    Aritech 2 minutes 45 seconds.
    CQR up to 5 minutes.
    All irrelevant , what's your point here?

I have not had the chance to test them on a SPC
    You are contradicting yourself here again. The devices are one way. How would they know what panel they are connected to?
    If you are considering which panel they are connected to then you don't seem to understand how one way works.

You accused me originally of only having enrolled the device.
    You then changed it to walk test.
    You have made numerous different accusations, which one is it now.

I have said this was done, it's obvious this was done, what's your point?

Enrolled, enabled LED. You put the PIR in test made when you opened it.
    That is the point.
    So again , the same question (as usual)
    If it was in walk test why did it open & close & not open again ?
    Are you suggesting there is a sleep mode for walk test now?

You have not answered the question that is why I asked.
    So we have one of two things. I showed the PiR activate & then stop activating as I walked out.
    I have already said the LED was enabled yet you keep going on about it.
    If it was in walk test as you keep claiming then it must sleep in walk test for me to be able to leave with out it activating. You earlier claimed the PiR remained open but yet the video slows it closed???
    Which is it now?

No you did not. You put the sensor on test and said there is the PIR closed and pointed the camera at the PIR. The PIRs LED was on but it never activated the Buzzer on the keypad. How are we to believe this test was performed correctly if it does not add up..
    Why did it not activate the buzzer on the keypad when you had it in walk test?
    Then why are you arguing about 90 seconds to 2 minutes???:eek::confused::confused:

I am not arguing, If you want to think you did the test correctly then that is your business. I know for a fact that the timer on the rearm for sleep mode is 2 minutes. If you did the test wrong by means of having the sensor in test mode then the test is flawed.
    All irrelevant , what's your point here?

Just showing the differences in each system.

The SPC spec says 2 minutes for its PIRs as well.
    You are contradicting yourself here again. The devices are one way. How would they know what panel they are connected to?
    If you are considering which panel they are connected to then you don't seem to understand how one way works.

Sorry you feel that way, I am just pointing out how the different systems detectors can vary.

One way is old technology now. Not agree?

Look at the video again & listen . The PiR activates & then closes.
    It does not activate again as I walk out .
    It activates again when I walk in.
    So by you logic the walk test is irrelevant as it seems to sleep either way.
    The PiR was closed well over the 10 minutes, but I suppose this is irrelevant to you as you believe nothing anyway.
    So again I'll ask you are you saying there is a sleep mode in walk test.?
    I have to say you are looking quite petty now, on one hand saying the time varies anything up to 5 minutes & on the other arguing my results when they fall within that. Not to mention that never in your test did you show anywhere near 5 minutes.

So this weather were having is great ... One way systems should be phased out ... to easily jammed

How are they easily jammed?

Look at the video again & listen . The PiR activates & then closes.

Really, where is the beep beep like we hear when you come back in?
    It does not activate again as I walk out.

Again the led was on. If it picked you up how come no beep beep on the keypad?

So again I'll ask you are you saying there is a sleep mode in walk test.?

There is no sleep mode when the PIR is in walk test mode.
    walk test mode will keep active until it has no movement for 10 minutes.

I have already said this in my post to the OP.
    PIRs on the older Powermax systems will go asleep for 2 minutes, not 1 and a half minutes as has being suggested, also if you keep walking in front of a PIR on the powermax complete system the timer will keep resetting meaning you could be moving around in the room all day without the PIR activating.

The OP and everyone else deserves to know how the PIRs work on a one way system. Do you not agree?

One way systems have vulnerabilities. In my video the alarm was set at 12 seconds and did not activate till 6 minutes 32 seconds later. It could of being longer has I wished.

One way is old technology now. Not agree?

• Advertisement

How are they easily jammed?

I don't think that should be put up here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement