Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get this background effect?

Options
  • 15-05-2012 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    A client has asked me to create a background for their website similar to the turquoise background in the below piece.

I could try searching for some grunge textures and apply the colouring over it, but I thought I'd give a go at creating it myself.

Would anyone have any tips on how to go about it?

And what would be the best way to do this for a website background given that it's not seamless? Should I try to make it seamless?

Many thanks :)

53140439773623691664616.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I'd take a few 'rough plaster wall' images, do some blending, dust and scratches, any other PS filter that's applicable and throw some colouring over it.

Then have a look for something from a search for 'Seamless Backgrounds in Photoshop' if you want it seamless. Otherwise make it huge.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

tricky D wrote: »
    I'd take a few 'rough plaster wall' images, do some blending, dust and scratches, any other PS filter that's applicable and throw some colouring over it.

Then have a look for something from a search for 'Seamless Backgrounds in Photoshop' if you want it seamless. Otherwise make it huge.

Thanks, 'rough plaster' is a good idea, never thought of working with multiple images of same either.

When you say throw some colouring over it, do you mean colour overlay?

I'll probably have to make it a singular image because of the irregularity, but if I make it huge won't that slow down the site load a lot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Overlay some colour by spraying with low opacity.

As for image size, you should be able to work something good enough even when saving the jpg at low quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Dubdude

Have a look at this site might be of some use to you.

http://www.textureking.com/index.php/category/all-textures

Advertisement