Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are my chinos too tight?

• 15-05-2012 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I recently bought some chinos. I have no idea about fashion, nor do I care much (I do like clothes, I just have no interest in what everyone else is or isn't wearing). I'm a 36 year old man and am far from a 'hipster'. I bought them mainly because I thought they would be lighter and more comfortable than jeans for the summer (I have a skin condition and get incredibly itchy when I'm too hot). Having said that, I wanted to look at least half decent so I didn't want to buy regular chinos as I think they look like something an old man would wear, so I bought slim fit. I bought some Jack & Jones ones and they looked perfectly fine and felt pretty comfortable (they were actually a lot looser than a pair of Levis 501s jeans).

The Jack & Jones chinos felt so comfortable that I bought two pairs in Next. I've been wearing one pair for a while and they feel terrible. The waist and upper leg is fine but below the knee is incredibly restrictive. They're making my legs incredibly itchy and when I sit down they feel even worse. They don't look much tighter than the Jack & Jones ones, but they feel a lot tighter.

I know this is the fashion forum but I'm not looking for fashion advice really (or comments about my size). I'm just wondering why these are so uncomfortable. Are they too tight? Is it because they're the cheapest ones that were available in Next and are made from a cheaper type of cotton? Or will they soften up after a few washes?

Here's a photo of my legs (I'm not going to show my face here). That weird shape around the crotch is the pocket lining.
    204997.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think they look fine! Definitely not too tight anyway. The itching may just be from cheaper material. Compare the labels and see what each pair is made of.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭premiergal

I agree with Twee I think they look nice, they don't look too tight at all.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

They look good, you're skin is probably just a bit sensitive to whatever material they're made from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Looks like a perfect fit to me ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Thanks for the replies. :)
    Twee. wrote: »
    I think they look fine! Definitely not too tight anyway. The itching may just be from cheaper material. Compare the labels and see what each pair is made of.
    Thanks. :)
    I checked them. I was sure the label was going to say they were made from polyester and cotton but they're 100% cotton. I might just try putting a load of fabric softener in them when I wash them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭saraocallaghan

I was just going to say to wash them, it'll soften up the fabric. I always do that with clothes that feel stiff or itchy.

P.S they look really well on you, not too tight at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Might be chemicals used in the clothes too, if they are cheap ones.

Advertisement