Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skerries Community college closed to sixth years?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

sdeire wrote: »
    That, to be fair, is taking a sixth-year prank a bit too far. I've hear all the favourites - the best being to release four animals numbered 1,2 4 and 5 ;)

I habd no hand act or part in my year's pranks, which included building a small wall (without mortar) and filling the Guidance Counsellor's entire office to chest-height with baloons.

Now thats having a bit of crack, love the animals one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

If someone (even a teenager) buys a lot of eggs - it would be fair to assume that they may be baking a lot of meringues or having a pancake party. :)

especially if it were a group of lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭squonk

Good on ye for organising an alternative. I was going to suggest that.

I lived in Skerries up til a while ago. I have to say that throwing eggs isn't any sort of a mark of some super new unrully youth culture. I came out from school one evening and while I was waiting for my bus home a huge flour and egg fight broke out in the main street in front of the school. The stuff got everywhere. That was well over 20 years ago, but maybe we're a bit wilder in the west :). It's a bit of fun and you'll always hear about the accidents of course. That said, I'd hate to have to clean up my house and garden after an egg & flour fight. that wouldn't be nice really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I think sending the 6th years home happens every year, i left s.c.c 10 years ago and the same things were happening back then, i remember a few people throwing eggs around the canteen at lunch time, and smoke bombs being let off in the toilets,
    it is a shame everyone had to suffer, is the graduation actually cancelled though? we had it in the community centre, seems to be no reason to cancel,

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭clunked

cathy01 wrote: »
    Every year, the 6 yrs do something.Id say that happens in everyschool.In my sons school, that I wont name ...someone left a present , a big brown smelly one on the windowcil of the gents:eek:

Kids will be kids.:D

Isn't that charming, a little innocent bit of fun. Would like to see you going in and having to clean up that 'present'. Might not be so funny then:D:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

sdeire wrote: »
    That, to be fair, is taking a sixth-year prank a bit too far. I've hear all the favourites - the best being to release four animals numbered 1,2 4 and 5 ;)

Heard about this one on Sunday, brilliant idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

used to tie tins to the teachers' cars

Advertisement