Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house rules

Options
  • 15-05-2012 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, i live in an apartment where the hallway is shared with outher residents. one of the neighbours has decided to use the hallway as a storage area:mad: they said they would clear this up, but still the mess is there. I have approached the management company, who have sent a letter requesting this area to be cleared as it is a fire hazzard, yet weeks on, the mess is still there.the neighbour lives on his own, and extremely awkward to deal with, anybody been in a similar predicament??

any suggestions would be great:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

gar555 wrote: »
    one of the neighbours has decided to use the hallway as a storage area
    Do you have a basement of any sort? Perhaps if you moved the stuff there it would not be in your way?

Maybe get the apartment checked by the local authority, on the grounds that you don't think it's safe in case there was a fire, as there are so much crap in the apartment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

advise them its a fire hazard and if it isn't moved you will be binning it at your leisure. As it is outside their property they are technically dumping so they dont have a leg to stand on.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

Contact management company and inform them that if issue is not resolved you will pursue it with Fire brigade inspector.
    Take a photo with date stamp and also tell them that they have 7 days to take action before fire inspector is informed.
    Do not touch the stuff yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 gar555

thanks guys,

I like the photo to MGMT route.

Advertisement