Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it worth paying $275 dollars for a lafha consultation

Options
  • 15-05-2012 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

I think I know the answer to my own question here but....

I have a New contract in work trying to get lafha written in need written legal advice.

Spoke to tax lawyer via my 457 people who said he could speak but his rate is 550 per hour or 275 per 30 minutes with no guarantee of legal letter off back of this first meeting. Is this price reasonable in anyone's knowledge, it seems well out of kilter to me, even going on Oz prices.

Since lafha seems to be going for overseas workers from July 1st I would I be crazy to fork this cash out ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

coldpaw wrote: »
    I think I know the answer to my own question here but....

I have a New contract in work trying to get lafha written in need written legal advice.

Spoke to tax lawyer via my 457 people who said he could speak but his rate is 550 per hour or 275 per 30 minutes with no guarantee of legal letter off back of this first meeting. Is this price reasonable in anyone's knowledge, it seems well out of kilter to me, even going on Oz prices.

Since lafha seems to be going for overseas workers from July 1st I would I be crazy to fork this cash out ?

Couple of questions
    Who pays you? Employer or a 3rd party pay roll company
    Has this company given any indication they are willing to give LAFHA?

It's an employer benifit which means it's up to them no matter what.

LAFHA would be worth more than 275 over 6weeks. But it doesn't matter if you can get it, it's whether your company is will to give it.

Advertisement