Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Selling replacement parts to a garage / dealer

• 15-05-2012 4:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭

If any of you have replaced your exhaust pipes / seats / wheel rims / etc with aftermarket parts, what do you do with the originals?

I remember hearing years ago that bikes are easier to resell if you refit all the OEM kit. (I don't know if that was nonsense or not!)

I've got a set of exhaust cans gathering dust in my wardrobe and was thinking of flogging them on e-bay; but, has anyone here ever got the got a garage / dealer to replace them, and "buy back" the originals?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭LifeBeginsAt40

If any of you have replaced your exhaust pipes / seats / wheel rims / etc with aftermarket parts, what do you do with the originals?

I remember hearing years ago that bikes are easier to resell if you refit all the OEM kit. (I don't know if that was nonsense or not!)

I've got a set of exhaust cans gathering dust in my wardrobe and was thinking of flogging them on e-bay; but, has anyone here ever got the got a garage / dealer to replace them, and "buy back" the originals?

When I replaced the stock cans on my RSV Factory I sold them on ebay, lots of people looking to repair damaged bikes etc.

Providing the replacements parts are better than OMP and suitable for the bike in question, I would be tempted to sell the originals on.
    But....if the replacement parts are 'race only' etc, then certainly keep originals as not all dealers and private buyers want a race bike for the road.

It really depends on what the parts are, what the bike is etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You won't get any decent money from a shop.

Either sell them or keep them and replace the aftermarket ones when getting rid of it. You won't get any extra money for the aftermarket ones on the bike but could make some money selling them separately

Advertisement