Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Can I Buy a 42inch Stand for my Philips Tv in Limerick

• 15-05-2012 4:11pm

ok so i have my tv on the wall and but i want to on my place now thing is i lost my stand

so i got a number of harvey norman and i rang philips and they want 97.50 :eek: for a stand

holy **** any alternatives aka cheaper

guys the base of my tv is missing i need a new one

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭banie01

You're best bet is to get the specific part number for the TV bracket you need and google it.
    While wall mounts can be generic/VESA compatible and fit a huge range of TVs, with the actual stands you will be very lucky to get a cheaper option as they are generally model specific.
    But as its a Philips...spares ain't ever cheap
    You could try the Richersounds Forum on Boards.ie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/6090399/Trail/searchtext%3ETV+STAND.htm

Half price in argos at 52.49
    There is 2 in childers road, one in the crescent

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I bought 1 of these from Amazon last year, I know you looked for something in Limerick but this might help

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003U46SWC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I was in Home Store and More next to Harvey Norman's a few months ago and they had TV stands for €40.

Aldi and Lidl sell them every so often too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

The reason some glass stands are more expensive than others is quite simple...

the cheap ones are not made with tempered glass if you fall on them or drop something onto them then u will go straight through them and probably be seriously hurt.....No1 with kids should have such a stand in there house.

All glass stands that have tempered glass will shatter should you fall onto them potentially saving your life, please be aware of this fact should u also be in the market to buy such a stand.

• Advertisement

O.P could you just clarify what exactly you're after?
    Is it the Philips stand itself?
    The part that is the actual base of the TV? That is removed when wall mounted?
    (Which is what I took it to be, that you wanted?)
    Or is it a shelving unit/Entertainment centre?

Because as can be seen from the variety of responses here, including my own...
    Its a little ambigious as to what you are after.

banie01 wrote: »
    O.P could you just clarify what exactly you're after?
    Is it the Philips stand itself?
    The part that is the actual base of the TV? That is removed when wall mounted?
    (Which is what I took it to be, that you wanted?)
    Or is it a shelving unit/Entertainment centre?

Because as can be seen from the variety of responses here, including my own...
    Its a little ambigious as to what you are after.

actual base of the TV yes

actual base of the TV yes

Well in that case what I said in my 1st post stands(Excuse the pun)
    You either need to buy from Philips, or get the part number and hope you get lucky on google.
    But as I said, give the boys on the Richersounds forum a shout they may be able to help ya ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

yeah richersounds.ie or ebay, you should get them way cheaper than harvey normans.

I buy most of my electricis in richesounds, very good to deal with, heres their boards.ie link

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1105

Advertisement