Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Summer Sun Travel Security Conundrum!

• 15-05-2012 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭

I was going to post this in the Holiday Forum but they all have fancy trips organised and probably paying with credit card and hence my problem.
    Bascially me and the OH are going on holiday, flying out from Cork on Monday 11th June at 6.30am to Malaga. Very good you might say but I’m worried because, because of the recession we decided to cut up our credit cards last week and have to carry a large amount of cash to pay for our 2 week holiday.
    I’m worried because I don’t know where I will hide it, I could put it in the big red bag with pink bubbles or I might even hide it in my now holiday traditional Straw hat, or could hide it on my person strapped under my Chelsea goalkeepers jersey, you know the yellow luminous one.
    Anyway, all suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance. Lando.

Have you ever experienced problems on a sun holiday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Check in your mattress as an additional bag.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Up yer hole no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭Saadyst

What about using your debit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

surely the hotel/apartment you are staying in will have a safe ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Get a prepaid mastercard. There are loads available.

Leave it in you atm card and draw it out as needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I always carry my cash in the inside pocket of my jacket.
    Mind you, I probably looked a right eejit wandering around the Philippines in the 40 degree heat wearing shorts and sandals and a big blue raincoat..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Iseewhatudidthere by listing all the places you were going to hide it.

http://www.myfacewhen.com/65/

Ot: Put in the bank. Take out as needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

so you're going to spend the whole of your holiday in your yellow goalkeepers jersey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Sunburn.

If you have a spray on cream, rub it in after you spray.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

IM0 wrote: »
    so you're going to spend the whole of your holiday in your yellow goalkeepers jersey?

No, cos I'll be bringing my GAA jersey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

2 week holiday, credit cards, cash, premier league football tops?

No recession in your house!

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Stick it in your jocks, it has the added bonus of helping you fill out that banana hammock a bit better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

try barter your way through the holdiay... wash dishes, hand jobs ect ect, whatever gets the food on the plate and drink on the table :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

What the hell? Just use your Laser cards. It's silly to bring cash to a Eurozone country.

Unless you're trolling, that is...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

irish-stew wrote: »
    2 week holiday, credit cards, cash, premier league football tops?

No recession in your house!

:p
    In my NEGATIVE EQUITY NIGHTMARE house!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Keep it down the front of the missus' jocks, then you can grab a feel every time you go to the shop/bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

I was going to post this in the Holiday Forum but they all have fancy trips organised and probably paying with credit card and hence my problem.
    Bascially me and the OH are going on holiday, flying out from Cork on Monday 11th June at 6.30am to Malaga. Very good you might say but I’m worried because, because of the recession we decided to cut up our credit cards last week and have to carry a large amount of cash to pay for our 2 week holiday.
    I’m worried because I don’t know where I will hide it, I could put it in the big red bag with pink bubbles or I might even hide it in my now holiday traditional Straw hat, or could hide it on my person strapped under my Chelsea goalkeepers jersey, you know the yellow luminous one.

What possessed you to divulge so much information :confused: You could have just said you are going on holidays & need information on where to store your cash
    /and leave it there

instead of informing everyone who reads this about your airport, date, time, flight & that you'll be carrying a vast amount of cash in your possession!

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭sgb

Give it to the other half to put in her handbag then if it get's lost you can blame her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Do the banks not issue travellers cheques anymore?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Do they not have pass machines or Banks in Malaga?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

Do the banks not issue travellers cheques anymore?

i dont think they do actually, not 100% on that though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 dogyworld1

give it to me , dont worry il make sure you get it over their :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Shove it up yer hoop is always a good option I find.

But maybe ask your wife to swallow it all squeezed inside some condoms and then feed her laxatives when you arrive at your destination.

"Mom! Can I get this bucket and spade?"
    "Hold on darling, Mommy just has to go to the bathroom for a few minutes."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Naomi00

Get a debit card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Just lodge it in your bank and withdraw with your card when you're there. You can obviously use a computer so I assume you're not living in 1928.

-Funk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭ringadingding

kerry4sam wrote: »
    What possessed you to divulge so much information :confused: You could have just said you are going on holidays & need information on where to store your cash
    /and leave it there

instead of informing everyone who reads this about your airport, date, time, flight & that you'll be carrying a vast amount of cash in your possession!

It's a trap of some description, not sure what.
    But I think the cops knew internal affairs were setting them up

Advertisement