Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hey entrepreneurs! what to do with an empty warehouse?!

Options
  • 15-05-2012 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭

Have a 40,000 ft2 warehouse within 30 miles of Dublin city that we acquired but business folded and we are paying the mortgage on the same.
    What the hell would you use it for nowadays? Aprox 10,000 ft would be suitable for retail the rest probably storage or factory. Any possible business partners out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

What kind of condition is it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Raves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

RedXIV wrote: »
    What kind of condition is it in?

Fairly good , especially the retail area - gas heater and well lit -which operated as a shop until 2009.
    The store itself isn't heated but is dry.
    Car parking for about 40 cars I'd guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭Gekko

indoor go karting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cannonballer

Indoor Airsoft

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Gym

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Recessionbust

Go-Karting/Airsoft is good however you have a huge outlay, high insurance, staff costs etc etc

If there is no market in the area why not research if there would be demand for this?

IMO there is a gap for decent markets in Dublin, Granted they are everywhere but the stalls are generally full of rubbish, second hand goods. Fairyhouse was good but then it went to the dogs and is only decent at Christmas, Dont get me wrong it does have some decent stalls but not enough to justify the trip out to it.

Quality stock, lots of stalls, lots of advertising = Lots of footfall - Just a thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

storage space - requires an investment in security
    workshop space - again requires an investemnt in security and maybe tools if you want to offer tool hire on things like engine cranes - here's a link to a similar idea in Dublin - but I think it closed in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭bogwalrus

Depending on location and of course facility maybe an indoor market? A fair few of them popping up in odd places. So basically retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Yrag2E

Depends where it is but I would sub divide it and rent it as a start up hub with additional warehouse space. i.e. Shared warehouse facility for new start ups. Several people going on on the rent but all benefiting from Location/Facilities.

Production House/Film Studio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

Motor Home and touring caravan storage. Prices average €200+ for annual winter storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭arbitrage

If you give the exact location you will get better ideas.

What major road access is there? Road frontage?

What are the surrounding businesses?

Do you have a budget to work with to convert it?

What is your current business?

Advertisement