Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Light Dog Food

• 15-05-2012 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Hi all, I need to put my lab onto light dog food, have any of you suggestions for a good one, she's nine yrs old. She's big framed more so than overweight but the vet said a light dog food would suit her best. Now unfortunately I cant afford the likes of royal canin etc etc so any body any suggestions for reasonable priced food???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

Burns is good for keeping dogs slim and in good condition. You can get 15kg bags on zooplus for around €40.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Yep, Burns High Oats. :)

Or Arden Grange Light. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Can you be more specific on price? About how much can you pay for a bag? (it'll give people a better idea of what ranges they could recommend!)

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭zsha

Thanks for that, at the min we have her on the beta senior dog food which is 40e per bag so around that price would be good. Thanks very much, somebody mentioned maxi zoo food do any of you know anything about that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Select Gold is a good food, and as far as I know there is a "light" version of it, they do some cheaper brands too but I am not familiar with them. I'm sure if you went into a Maxizoo store, and asked, the staff could inform you.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, plan a trip to nearest one by wkend. Will have a look at the select gold when there. Thanks a mill

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

Barking Heads do a light dog food as well. I think it's about fifty euro a bag. It's very good food, no artificial anything or filler ingredients.

Happy shopping! :)

Will check them out also, thanks for all the suggestions...

Advertisement