Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enough time to just pass everything?

• 15-05-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

I haven't done any study at all, and I mean I have done the closest to nothing for my leaving cert. I didn't even attend class most of the time, just dossed and when I would be in class I wouldn't listen.

Do people think if I start studying now, that I could get enough done, to just pass everything? I'm doing four higher level and want to keep it at that. As dropping down to some ordinary level's will be worth nothing to me as I don't get any points for them. But I dunno... :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Well, it does depend on a few different factors. Like how well you did in your mocks, how many points you are looking for, how much work you can put in now etc.

In the majority of cases however it is not too late to start studying your arse off now. Just make a timetable for now until the 6th of June and be realistic about what you can achieve.

Good luck. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Repeat and let this be a lesson to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

Well, it does depend on a few different factors. Like how well you did in your mocks, how many points you are looking for, how much work you can put in now etc.

In the majority of cases however it is not too late to start studying your arse off now. Just make a timetable for now until the 6th of June and be realistic about what you can achieve.

Good luck. :)

Ideally I want to get 350 points but I think thats unrealistic with how little work I have put in. I just don't want to fail anything. My mocks were ok but I did use the thread on here with what was coming up so wasn't a realistic example on what I could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Raeone wrote: »
    Ideally I want to get 350 points but I think thats unrealistic with how little work I have put in. I just don't want to fail anything. My mocks were ok but I did use the thread on here with what was coming up so wasn't a realistic example on what I could get.

I think the important thing now is to just put the head down and do as best as you can. No point speculating. I'm not even doing my CAO again until after the Leaving (Only filled it in so I wouldn't miss the deadline)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Raeone wrote: »

Well if it makes you feel any better I only got 290 in my mocks and failed one exam. I've put in more work, most of which was fairly recent, and I am hoping for 360. I've made a timetable for my two weeks off and I'm hoping to get all I need studied. :) it's definitely possible if you use your time wisely for the next few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Just to maybe make everyone here feel better, I got ~200 in my mocks, and want over 400. Preferably 450. I haven't opened a book yet today :(.

Starting tomorrow, I swear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

Just to maybe make everyone here feel better, I got ~200 in my mocks, and want over 400. Preferably 450. I haven't opened a book yet today :(.

B*tch please.........I got 110 points in my mocks.........

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Raeone

Thanks everyone.

I'm one of those people who need someone to say that you can do it to actually put in the work. Supose I just got to try my best and see in August.

Good luck everyone and hope you get what you all want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Do ya want a medal? I didn't know this thread was a competition on who got the lowest mocks like!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

I got 320 points in my mocks yet am hoping for 510. I'm a serious procrastinator and rarely get motivated. Yet I've only started studying since last week and already I'm doing really well. You just have to organise yourself and get a study plan and you will be sound. Never put yourself down, you don't know what you are capable of.

If you start studying now, I dont see what's stopinng you from getting those points.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭cathal_flynn

Do ya want a medal? I didn't know this thread was a competition on who got the lowest mocks like!

Where's my medal? ;)

Advertisement