Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestions please, for a good all round cordless drill

• 15-05-2012 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭

Hello all. I had my drill stolen from where I was working last week so I need to get a new one ASAP. The one I had was a great little Bosch PSR 14v (I think). A great tool altogether, it wasn't one of the big hefty ones you get. It might be likely that I'll go for the Bosh again.

So can any of you out there suggest to me your choice and sell it to me (in a manner of speaking).

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

pARTner81 wrote: »
    Hello all. I had my drill stolen from where I was working last week so I need to get a new one ASAP. The one I had was a great little Bosch PSR 14v (I think). A great tool altogether, it wasn't one of the big hefty ones you get. It might be likely that I'll go for the Bosh again.

So can any of you out there suggest to me your choice and sell it to me (in a manner of speaking).

Thanks

Makita or dewalt in b&q are normally a good deal. There are usually 14.4v makitas and 18v for both. Plenty to choose from. If you need better (construction) quality, I'd have a look at raygrahams. Based in the north but usually have free delivery to the southern counties. I bought a 18v xrp dewalt with a 7.2v driver in the box. 3 batteries and charger for a fraction of the cost here in Dublin ( b&m stores )

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

I got a great Bosch 24v drill with two Lithium batteries in B&Q for €99, superb!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,042 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I got a great Bosch 24v drill with two Lithium batteries in B&Q for €99, superb!

You would barely get 1 x 24v lithium battery for that......

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭darrenheaphy

dodzy wrote: »
    You would barely get 1 x 24v lithium battery for that......

lol, you're right. I remember I originally wanted a 24v one but got something else for that. The one I mentioned above is in fact a 18v drill, model Bosch PSB 18 LI-2 :p Here's an Amazon link

Advertisement