Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jobbridge extension announced whats your thoughts and opinions on this?

Options
  • 15-05-2012 6:13pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

http://www.herald.ie/news/intern-places-rise-by-1000-3103338.html

i have seen job adverts for free labour schemes that should be paid employment,what is to stop them from using it as a revolving door system,yes they have the 6 month cooling off period,but what happens when companies only use it to hire free extra christmas staff(the busiest time for places like tesco) every year?and in the cooling off period simply dont hire in the off winter months..

these free labour schemes suck what could be a paid job advertised out of the community these are job blockers..for the young/unemployed or recently let go,or even long term unemployed,to see ce rates or neg doe,due to it being an internship attached to a job brings dissapointment..some of these companies involved in these internship free labour scams can well afford to hire but dont due to these guys...and do you really need to be on a 9 month learning curve to wipe tables?

aside from all that,i would like to hear peoples thoughts and opinions on what they think of the jobbridge extension?and did anybody ever hear of jobfit and why they closed down in july 2011?and what they think of the current fas situation?has anybody on boards.ie ever worked on one of these free labour schemes,have they any stories to tell?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

After he 3bet you pre flop you have to check/fold to any bet after that scary turn card...

Why post this in the poker forum?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

didnt realise this was the poker forum will have to redo thanks for tellin me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭DAMO72

Fold pre anyway

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement